IGNORED

NAMM 2018 : The thread

d-a-m-o

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

i guess coz most people don’t buy synths to make weird abstract electronic noises like we like over here. most people buy them to make like, middle of the road rock music or some shit.

Surely they should have called it the polylogue. Hang on isn't the polylogue something from stranger things?! Haha. That demo is really uninspiring. Just give the synths to that dude from Portishead and let that be a synth demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothing has ever made me feel more like an approaching-middle-age white male than watching that video for 2 minutes. jesus fuck.

That said, it's probably a great-sounding synth when you dig in with it, albeit one that I'd never buy because I don't actually play keys.

N E W 

M O N O M A C H I N E 

> > > ? ? ? 

:w00t:

im pessimistic about it. some say itll be a digital synth in a form of digitakt...digitone, which is fine: smaller and cheaper than the monomachine. but im afraid that it could be much simpler than the monomachine

Can't wait to see what is this digitone

it's not Digitone after all but Comptometer 993s. it has more knobs and encoders; elektron wanted proper ''hands-on'' approach this time. inspired by the ww2 enigma! only for lisp/haskell/scheme programmers. the rest of us, good luck turning it on.

Sumlock993s_1.JPG

I’d be surprised if they announce a new box at namm.

Typically they tease new boxes far in advance to build hype, and they also failed to get the digitakt OS out in 2017 as promised, and people blamed it on mkii updates they recently released. I think they’d really get flak if a new product was announced, while still having yet delivered the much anticipated OS update for a product that is almost a year old. But who knows...

^Elektron can get away with it. People would bitch and complain on forums as they got out their credit cards.

For a new Monomachine, I'd probably bite. Always wanted an original but it seemed a bit lacking in some sound design areas for me to fall in love with it. If a new one followed the same ethos but updated some key points, for a decent price, they just might convince me to get one.

Guest Chesney

I loved that korg vid ha. At least the synth is amazing.

Watched a couple of other vids and damn, this might be the thing that I have been waiting for for years. Prophet 6 didn't quite hold up for the money but this sounds great.

I think when Elektron unveiled the digitakt it was just a box with blinking lights. I can see them unveiling something that isn't anywhere close to ready yet.

Yeah...Elektron's philosophy has changed recently. They're diversifying and releasing more, less feature-packed boxes which take advantage of the Overbridge ecosystem they've been spending so much time and resources on.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Digitone unveiled and I'm expecting more DAW controlled analog FX boxes like the Heat at some point.

nice one !

edit : here's a new eurorack complex analog oscillator by hexinverter

http://www.hexinverter.net/mindphaser

sounds really nice. digging it.  not that i'll buy it.. i'm at max oscillator.. and there's a bunch of stuff not announced yet that i'm looking forward to. :)  but again.. fuck.  would rather buy a time machine so i could control time and have more of it.. 

why are official synth demos so lame

cause people are lame

as if kraftwerk never happened

...for example

it's pretty much required to be lame.. but obvious because it's part of the people chain from top to bottom. these are people who are still excited about Tidal as a distribution platform.  no shit.  

Archived