IGNORED

Autechre - NTS 1-4 - reviews

wredny

Love the closing paragraph from the german one.

The NTS sessions 1-4 are summarized a long, partially quite demanding but extremely rewarding journey of discovery, which takes us from a spent romance into a world of fresh and originally experienceable sensuality, which is full of emotions of all stripes, power and surprises. Here, incredibly virtuous, dense and detailed pictures are drawn, no stone remains on top of another, no pattern ever experiences an exact repetition. The increasing play with the aesthetics of artificially spoken language is in this form and quality novel and extremely exciting. Booth and Brown have added another milestone to the stunningly impressive oeuvre. It will be interesting to see what worlds Autechre will show us with their incomparable nature in the future. Respect.

Edited by Sam

Love the closing paragraph from the german one.

The NTS sessions 1-4 are summarized a long, partially quite demanding but extremely rewarding journey of discovery, which takes us from a spent romance into a world of fresh and originally experienceable sensuality, which is full of emotions of all stripes, power and surprises. Here, incredibly virtuous, dense and detailed pictures are drawn, no stone remains on top of another, no pattern ever experiences an exact repetition. The increasing play with the aesthetics of artificially spoken language is in this form and quality novel and extremely exciting. Booth and Brown have added another milestone to the stunningly impressive oeuvre. It will be interesting to see what worlds Autechre will show us with their incomparable nature in the future. Respect.

Keep-It-Real--ali-g-565459_252_190.jpg

1h20 min discussion on NTS: 

Long release results in a long review:)

Pretty decent effort!

dug the simple conversational format, comfortable mix of notions which reflect my own and unfamiliar angles, enjoyable!

also finally someone pointed out the bladelores ending in all end... i mean i don't expect every music journalist to catch on more obscure references like from the live sets but that's like one of their biggest hits from the last "official" album-album, was genuinely surprised noone had mentioned it yet.

the only thing unforgivable is the attribution of AAA to reddit. :O

• 2 weeks later...

In 2013, both members of Autechre held an open Q&A on the fan forum Watmm.com, which eventually grew to more than a hundred pages of conversation. It is an essential text in piecing together the Autechre mythology, not only because it’s their longest and most candid interview to date, but also for how well it illustrates the potential chasms between intent and interpretation.

Thanks fans

Edited by jasondonervan

And how about this?

"Elseq 1-5, a five EP digital-only box set"

EP! :O

PS. The "digital box set" is something I have to imagine yet.

Edited by Chabraendeky

I love how doubt remains as to whether the reviewer has even heard a second of it.

"from the 18-minute relentless plod of “t1a1” to the shimmering ambient closer, “all end,” which runs for nearly an hour" is the closest we come to any content analysis, an empty sentence which names the opener and closer.

Where they came from, hip hop, stockhausen? Check

Max/MSP? Check

Last couple releases have been loooong? Check

Live experience? Check

WATMM mention? Check

Aphex mention? Haha!

What it all might mean? Check

Release Strategy? Check

Listened? Get the fk outta here!

It's a nice on-brand blurb which sells their music well and might attract some (lucky) new fans, but devoid of any nutrition.

Edited by Roo

"Elseq 1-5, a five EP digital-only box set"

Last night I dreamt last night I got given a bootleg of Elseq 1-5 which came on a load of 7'' records in a cube shaped box (each face had the artwork on it making it look like some crazy tDr painted dice). Silly brain ... how the hell would you fit elyc6 0nset on 7 inchs ?!

I love how doubt remains as to whether the reviewer has even heard a second of it.

lol yeah my thoughts exactly. while the writing is actually quite decent the reviewer didn't really describe the music at all or at least how it relates to the rest of ae's output (only in obvious terms like length etc.). ah well.

edit: i kinda dug the sentiment of them branching off the the spirit of the 80s into a seperate exclusive time/spaceline.

Edited by jaderpansen