IGNORED

some guy arrested in the UK

YangYing

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but we don't need our beloved IDM nerd village to be corrupted by Breitbart and other alt-right propaganda trash.

hey man I'm not a simpathizer, the guy is a cunt but the media ban is a spooky move.. internets seems pretty mad about it

I don't see what good it does except give more fuel to the alt-right trash

Sorry, but we don't need our beloved IDM nerd village to be corrupted by Breitbart and other alt-right propaganda trash.

hey man I'm not a simpathizer, the guy is a cunt but the media ban is a spooky move.. internets seems pretty mad about it

Is there even a media ban or could it possibly be that the alt-right trash is giving fuel to itself?

Is there even a media ban or could it possibly be that the alt-right trash is giving fuel to itself?

that's certainly part of it.. not a good development either way (not saying he didn't deserve to be jailed but the reaction it seems to be getting is a bit too alarmist)

edit:

so why didn't they do it? so much for being the bastion of free speech and truth or whatever they think they are. it's obviously done to rile up their reader base and get people to share the news about how free speech is being clamped down upon even in their precious shitebart. the reality is court orders like this happen all the time but apparently it's only notable when it concerns the very high end assholes that breitbart like to suck up to.

yes, exactly.. how much longer till some absolute idiot decides to do something about it?

complete hysteria. there's never been a better time for free speech in the western world. the fact that complete garbage like breitbart is profitable proves this. them and their readers love to play the slippery slope card every chance they get though, based on the most hilariously trivial examples.

from what i've seen, people complaining about "muh free speech" are really just upsetti that they can't say dumbass racist, sexist jokes and comments without criticism. overwhelmingly, no one is stifling your free speech. they are exercising theirs. but people are such fucking babies that they mistake this for being 'silenced' and try to make it about larger issues instead of taking responsibility for their words and actions.

i completely agree with you.. but how do we deal with the (apparently) growing mass of people falling prey to that narrative?

my hope is that its just that, apparent, but after brexit n shit iunno man.. is spooky times

edit: it is certainly the case that the alt-right is exploding this and other events out of proportion to catch people.. but all of the fault shouldn't be layed at their feet imo. I haven't been able to find a source refuting the media ban, is just filled w UK are in for orwell 1984 v for vendetta crap.. if this really is banned in their media it just seems like such a terrible move! giving these reactionary people more shit to b angry about

complete hysteria. there's never been a better time for free speech in the western world. the fact that complete garbage like breitbart is profitable proves this. them and their readers love to play the slippery slope card every chance they get though, based on the most hilariously trivial examples.

from what i've seen, people complaining about "muh free speech" are really just upsetti that they can't say dumbass racist, sexist jokes and comments without criticism. overwhelmingly, no one is stifling your free speech. they are exercising theirs. but people are such fucking babies that they mistake this for being 'silenced' and try to make it about larger issues instead of taking responsibility for their words and actions.

Yes, this

the scaremongering narrative being thrown around is that this is a death sentence in a sense.. if that turns out to be true I'm afraid the unreasonable people might boil over

this specifically is what scares me about the whole thing, I don't doubt that the alt-right is exaggerating this for max exposure.. I'm just afraid things might actually get violent as a result of this event

dont really think scaremongering is the right word to use, its a very real possibility that he could die, hes hated by basically every muslim in the uk. last time he was in prison the muslim inmates told him they were gunna pour boiling water over him. 13 months is a long time

it is even worse in that case

edit:

Can someone explain this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-arrested-leeds-court-child-grooming-trial-edl-founder-latest-a8368821.html

i linked to breitbart originally to show how these circles are reacting to it, which is more alarmist than usual

What is this sensationalist bullshit and why am I reading it?

Racist guy saying racist things: N*gger, n*gger, n*gger.

Random person: Shut the fuck up you inbred cousinfucking NASCAR watching piece of shit.

Racist guy saying racist things: The Jews are stifling my free speech!

Archived