IGNORED

Iglooghost - Clear Tamei ep & Steel Mogu ep

d-a-m-o

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The video is interesting. The music isn't bad, a bit too close to Die Antwoord and just mishmashing of DnB/IDM/dubstep for me though...I'm only saying any of this because I don't think it's bad, I just honestly think this is maybe the beginning of "I'm too old for that shit" for me. I'm probably too old for a lot of shit, but listening to this stuff definitely makes me feel like it. 

:datboi: 

I have always been a bit unimpressed by his stuff, but I'm curious for this

Same. I thought his previous stuff was fun but overrated but these newer tracks have a lot more teeth to them.

it certainly sounds like iglooghost

As of right now I'm finding his stuff to be a little too samey too, same palette and I guess you could call them 'techniques' over and over. Could still be enjoyable though

There's also the Niteracer track from the Steel Mogu EP which is really nice.

I really like that 2xEP release thing tbh!

Envoyé de mon EML-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

I haven't heard another artist that young have technical skills that advanced in electronic music.  He's got a very well defined sonic and visual aesthetic too.  Quite remarkable really.  He'll be handing out some new parameter sets by the time he hits 30 I reckon.

Is anyone put off by his ritualistic speaking in tongues, vibe?

I really like his music but sometimes I find his vocals often a bit overcooked. 

Also.. he's like 17. I definitely have a bit of a complex about that, even if I don't want to admit it.

Also.. he's like 17. I definitely have a bit of a complex about that, even if I don't want to admit it.

he's 20-21

he's 20-21

Well, he would have been at most 17 when he released Chinese Nu Yr.

Dropping this for anyone who hasn't listened to it

The guy has strong visual aesthetic, but his tunes are too all over the place for me. It's hard to enjoy them basically, it's just a wall of loud sound with no dynamic range.

And what the hell's wrong with the sound on these latest EPs? There's no mid range, way too much highs and it's way too loud, sounds like Death Magnetic ffs. He was always too loud, but this time it's unbearable. 

I don't know, maybe someone's digging that fast-paced madness topped with pitched down rap vocals and I'm being grumpy.

Archived