IGNORED

Iglooghost - Clear Tamei ep & Steel Mogu ep

d-a-m-o

The guy has strong visual aesthetic, but his tunes are too all over the place for me. It's hard to enjoy them basically, it's just a wall of loud sound with no dynamic range.

And what the hell's wrong with the sound on these latest EPs? There's no mid range, way too much highs and it's way too loud, sounds like Death Magnetic ffs. He was always too loud, but this time it's unbearable. 

I don't know, maybe someone's digging that fast-paced madness topped with pitched down rap vocals and I'm being grumpy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUHOyMDbEoE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

second listen and I'm impressed , this shit is next level  :music:

Agreed, between this and the new Aphex Twin I feel like there's a been a swing back toward the same tempos and complexity of breakcore, "drill n' bass" IDM, etc. that seemed to go a bit out of vogue 10 years ago when dubstep, house, downtempo, etc. and the plethora of retro minded styles dominated. I don't know if it was footwork or maybe all of this post-grime future bass stuff that prompted it but since Syro there seems to be an injection of interest toward really bonkers and unabashed complexity by producers like iglooghost. 

second listen and I'm impressed , this shit is next level  :music:

Agreed, between this and the new Aphex Twin I feel like there's a been a swing back toward the same tempos and complexity of breakcore, "drill n' bass" IDM, etc. that seemed to go a bit out of vogue 10 years ago when dubstep, house, downtempo, etc. and the plethora of retro minded styles dominated. I don't know if it was footwork or maybe all of this post-grime future bass stuff that prompted it but since Syro there seems to be an injection of interest toward really bonkers and unabashed complexity by producers like iglooghost.

I guess it's because of juke/footwork (and maybe a jungle/DnB revival ?)  but anyway it's cool !

some really good work in these EPs. digging the double release with thematics behind em, lovely idea :) black light ultra is really something. curious if he made these alone, didn't like the last release too much. also very reminiscent of R+7 in a way

I thought I'd be more of a Steel Mogu person but Clear Tamei is awesome as well, especially New Vectors. Shrine Hacker is imho the weakest spot of both EPs, maybe it stretches for too long I don't know.

he has too much youthful enthusiasm in his music

Wait until he gets out in the world and gets his heart broken. His music will be weathered and tough like the Neurosis of IDM, but with more squiggly goobledy bloops.

This is good shit and anyone disagreeing should hand in their idm cards and proceed to the dad rock section.

This is good shit and anyone disagreeing should hand in their idm cards and proceed to the dad rock section.

I agree. I hadn’t IDM’d in a while, then I put on one of his ep’s a while back and I was like “ahhh the whimsical world of IDM I remember you”

I think it's good, but the tracks sound very samey or interchangeable. 

I think you could swap out almost any of the tracks on these EPs with tracks on neo wax bloom and you'd never notice.

I always enjoy new iglooghost but I have to agree, his tracks don’t really stray from the same mood/vibe, and these EPs are no exception. I do like the instrumentation in Clear Tamei a lot though

He has his own sound, I don't really think that is a weakness, not yet anyway.

Archived