IGNORED

the title of ...I Care Because You Do

mushroom

weird title huh. like SAW and SAW2 are pretty much descriptions. RDJ is just a self titled thing. all his other releases are made up words or nonsense phrases. whats up with this one?

At the end of the syrobonkus interview, he says that he has never once become depressed because he has these priorities: to love, care, learn, and create (pretty sure those were the four). Such a hero! Both parts of that interview are gold, especially for aspiring synth nerds but also generally. 

The key to the title is probably in the art. IIRC, the back of the record has the year that each track was recorded in, signifying that the album is basically just a compilation of tracks that sounded good together rather than a single comprehensive piece. He had already gone on to create what he thought were bigger and better things. His mind (his care) was put into the 'drill that he was producing at the time. He only cared to put these tracks out because people would eat up a new AFX record.

He cared because you did!

The key to the title is probably in the art. IIRC, the back of the record has the year that each track was recorded in, signifying that the album is basically just a compilation of tracks that sounded good together rather than a single comprehensive piece. He had already gone on to create what he thought were bigger and better things. His mind (his care) was put into the 'drill that he was producing at the time. He only cared to put these tracks out because people would eat up a new AFX record.

That's how I've always understood it, yeah. Good way to put it.

I think you can say the same thing about Syro as well. Not sure about RDJ album and the ambient albums. Drukqs was definitely intended to be a proper album.

Curious to hear other's opinions.

I think it has something to do with the microdot story in the Syrobonkus interview:

Artwork, this time I didnt want to just stick a 'picture' on it you know, its pretty acidmicrodot inspired in a way [cold as fuck] as was icbyd cover which happened after my girlfriend morphed into me while she was lying on top of me [scariest thing I ever saw, looked much better than the pic i painted for that, , no emotion

awhile after my girlfriend tried to comfort me, as i musta looked in a bit of a state, she stroked my arm and all I could think was, why is there a skeleton with a blood circulatory system moving up n down on my skeleton with another blood circulatory system! [absolute deprogrammed to fuk]
it was confusing I knew I was supposed to feel something but didn't and when I saw my girlfriend get upset, 4 a split second I 'felt bad' and said I was sorry I dunno what I'm supposed to do..like a kind of remnant of emotion just flicked back for half a second.
what a tangent..yeah its cold microdot vibe basically, ha

I think that the title is basically the whole "pretending to care because you do", he feels bad because his girlfriend cares about him and gets upset. 

It was a reference to the slogan used by Boots (the biggest high street pharmacy) at that time "we care because you do".

Probably has no more or less meaning than naming Alberto Balsam after some best selling shampoo product of the time

Boots (the biggest high street pharmacy) 

remember in the movie Four Lions when they are trying to decide on a target to blow up and Faisal suggests targeting Boots: 'They sell condoms that make you want to bang white girls' lol

It was a reference to the slogan used by Boots (the biggest high street pharmacy) at that time "we care because you do".

Probably has no more or less meaning than naming Alberto Balsam after some best selling shampoo product of the time

I bet it had some meaning for Richie though. 

Maybe he washed hie hair with that shampoo the day he made the track. 

neat

heat

Night

"night" will never, ever ever make sense to me.

You know that Holocaust denial is against the rules here, right?

jesus christ what an embarrassing post.

Archived