IGNORED

Clark - Kiri Variations

Dpek

Looks like there is a new album coming.

From his Facebook:

"Delighted to announce my new album ‘Kiri Variations’ released 26th July on Throttle Records. It started as score, but grew into something else entirely, hence ‘Variations’. 

The first single, available today, is called 'Cannibal Homecoming'. Listen in to Mary Ann Hobbs on  BBC Radio 6 Music from 10:30AM UK for an exclusive premiere - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00067n5 "

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I keep reading it as "Kiki" Variations!

Here's a page where you can play the single: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00067n5

lol just had a Geodaddi moment. Would've preferred Kiki but cheese is alright I guess! Thanks for the link, trying to find it in the mix rn..

1 minute ago, chronical said:

lol just had a Geodaddi moment. Would've preferred Kiki but cheese is alright I guess! Thanks for the link, trying to find it in the mix rn..

Just scroll down - you'll see it

Still look forward to new Clark even though the last...decade hasn't been great. I also got a 20-sec clip for that new single on that link, and yeah there's not much to go on. 

This doesn't exactly sound promising, unfortunately: "It started as score, but grew into something else entirely, hence ‘Variations’."

57 minutes ago, fairuzosman said:

Idk what happened to clark

I think the same thing that happened to Arovane

Ooof, not into the track. Bad vocals, plus a little autotune?! Interestingly, some of the vocals remind me of something you'd find on a  Prefuse 73 album. I like P73, but it's not working for me here. 

I can kind of hear some Clark-ness wanting to come out in the track, but it's not. Kind of like everything on his last 2 albums. It's buried in there, but broken and unable to form.

3 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Interestingly, some of the vocals remind me of something you'd find on a  Prefuse 73 album. 

I came here to say exactly that!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 5:45 AM, MadameChaos said:

Strong Sigur Ros vibes with this, not good. :catnope:

Sounds a little more like Múm to me.

It's a nice and diverse ambient listen, but I think you can feel it's actually music for a TV series. Hope there'll be a proper dancy Clark LP coming soon after that. Did he actually leave Warp or why is he back on his own Throttle imprint?

Archived