https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/philadelphia-eagles-kamala-harris-endorsement-art/

Local NFL football sports team Philadelphia Eagles in some national election-related news this evening

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) -- A poster that's popping up around the city of Philadelphia alleges the Eagles have officially endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris which has left the Birds to debunk the rumors. . . But the Philadelphia Eagles are saying they didn't cosign the creation, calling the street art, "counterfeit political ads" that they're working to remove.

New York Post on X: "Eagles removing viral 'counterfeit' Kamala Harris ads  throughout Philadelphia https://t.co/5MQ9detLQ7 https://t.co/rSjEsyxS41" / X

Story was covered locally as well: https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/philadelphia-eagles-combatting-counterfeit-political-ads/3957912/

What the heck I live in this city. Who is out here making these fake ads?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

What the heck I live in this city. Who is out here making these fake ads?

it's pretty annoying. everyone knows individual teams don't come out in support of politics. players and owners some times but it's not really that common. they want to stay outta the line of fire, get endorsements, appeal to widest possible market etc. 

She destroyed the city of San Francisco, it’s — and I own a big building there — it’s no — I shouldn’t talk about this but that’s OK I don’t give a damn because this is what I’m doing. I should say it’s the finest city in the world — sell and get the hell out of there, right? But I can’t do that. I don’t care, you know? I lost billions of dollars, billions of dollars. You know, somebody said, ‘What do you think you lost?’ I said, ‘Probably two, three billion. That’s OK, I don’t care.’ They say, ‘You think you’d do it again?’ And that’s the least of it. Nobody. They always say, I don’t know if you know. Lincoln was horribly treated. Uh, Jefferson was pretty horribly. Andrew Jackson they say was the worst of all, that he was treated worse than any other president. I said, ‘Do that study again, because I think there’s nobody close to Trump.’ I even got shot! And who the hell knows where that came from, right?

Donald J Trump

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/trump-age-harris-ramble-rcna168979

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

20 hours ago, cern said:

Why she do that? 😣

politicians have changed their speaking in different places forever.. gives speech in NYC it's one way.. gives speech in north carolina and suddenly the "yall's" come out. this isn't new or weird. every politician has changed up accents and colloquialisms routinely when campaigning. but it's gonna be news when it's a black woman i guess. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

His mental collapse is weirdly enjoyable. Like a car crash.

I'd say he's been like this the entire time since he entered the political realm and started giving televised public speeches. rambling mostly incoherent gibberish and 100% lies to a crowd of cheering people, who pick out the choice one-liners that somehow relate to their personal situation. or they make their own incorrect assumptions on the incoherent crap he talks about, since no one knows exactly what's he's trying to say most of the time. he's always so vague, full of shit, and never answers anything definitively. the rambling is his way of covering up the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about. he's a con man that is in way over his head and should have vanished by now, moved on to his next con. but amazingly he was able to somehow brainwash millions of people throughout this absurd process and is now forced to remain in character as a presidential candidate. it's a total joke that this has been allowed to continue for as long as it has. thanks republicans!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dcom said:

WIthout reference to the picture or anything else, kamala means horrible in Finnish.

interesting. JD Vance is how we finnish saying horrible in amerikkka

• Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

15 hours ago, dcom said:

WIthout reference to the picture or anything else, kamala means horrible in Finnish.

Nevertheless I'm all in for her to win, I feel nauseous every time I see Trump in any context - he's so obscenely anti-intellectual and without any redeeming qualities. Nate White's description of Trump ("Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?") is one of the best I've read.

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dcom said:

Nevertheless I'm all in for her to win, I feel nauseous every time I see Trump in any context - he's so obscenely anti-intellectual and without any redeeming qualities. Nate White's description of Trump ("Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?") is one of the best I've read.

Enjoyable read. A bit rich coming from a Brit though. I mean, look at Nigel Farage, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson, to name a few. Trump may lack a bit of sophistication. But it's not that the Brits are better at recognising a turd for being a turd, considering their voting record. If Trump would run for office in the UK, he'd be able to get a significant chunk of the votes as well, I'm afraid. I don't believe the Brits are any better.

/brexit

• Like 4

didn’t post this earlier because I couldn’t find any legit source on the lawsuit (which it turns out is NOT happening according to Joe himself). A for-profit titan in US media deliberately putting out propaganda in an effort to use Joe’s clout to deceive some of his fan base into voting for their candidate is a really bad sign for what the Democratic Party has become, win or lose. He also doesn’t even endorse Trump but that’s not enough for them apparently.

The sad thing is that, not all, but a majority of liberals don’t want to even flag this as a problem and are being smug about this whole turn of events or writing it off like it’s some one time thing. Trump’s a real abrasive asshole and a generally unlikeable guy so I can sympathize with people subconsciously justifying this type of behavior as fighting fire with fire but it’s setting a dark precedent for how the DFL can move going forward.

No one voted for her to be in this position and very fucking few would have if they were being honest with themselves. She has the charisma of a pharmaceutical shareholder’s meeting and requires a majority vote from said group before she’s allowed to go outside and talk (under special circumstances). This establishment fucked its citizens hard and doesn’t have a redemption arc up its sleeve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

didn’t post this earlier because I couldn’t find any legit source on the lawsuit (which it turns out is NOT happening according to Joe himself). A for-profit titan in US media deliberately putting out propaganda in an effort to use Joe’s clout to deceive some of his fan base into voting for their candidate is a really bad sign for what the Democratic Party has become, win or lose. He also doesn’t even endorse Trump but that’s not enough for them apparently.

The sad thing is that, not all, but a majority of liberals don’t want to even flag this as a problem and are being smug about this whole turn of events or writing it off like it’s some one time thing. Trump’s a real abrasive asshole and a generally unlikeable guy so I can sympathize with people subconsciously justifying this type of behavior as fighting fire with fire but it’s setting a dark precedent for how the DFL can move going forward.

No one voted for her to be in this position and very fucking few would have if they were being honest with themselves. She has the charisma of a pharmaceutical shareholder’s meeting and requires a majority vote from said group before she’s allowed to go outside and talk (under special circumstances). This establishment fucked its citizens hard and doesn’t have a redemption arc up its sleeve. 

Is there any evidence that the Democratic Party was involved in putting out the deceptive video?

As for tulsi’s argument that news media that put out deceptive information that favours a particular party should declare it as an in kind contribution, well that’s just ignoring the elephant shit in the room 

IMG_9580.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

btw, in USA political parties have made candidate switches in this same way as Kamala got in there.. .it happened in 1968, for example, when LBJ dropped out. there was some backroom stuff and candidate shuffling at the convention. someone got screwed for sure but in USA history the conventions have worked this way in the past. it's always been retarded in some way and always been one more step removed from actual democracy.

so, people may not like it and may cry foul but it's pretty normal for this kind of thing to happen. not every day kind of normal but over the span of USA history it's happened a few times and probably more than that. 

• Like 1