IGNORED

knives

dingformung

We just bought some henckels knives but not the super expensive ones. Not zwilling. But they’re deece so far. Nice weight and super sharp.

made sure to get forged ones rather than pressed/stamped.

Edited by StephenG
  • Like 1

I got this one, mostly because the handle is luxurious (only losers have knives without a luxurious handle):

614krnhWbvL._SL1001_.jpg

31 minutes ago, StephenG said:

We just bought some henckels knives but not the super expensive ones. Not zwilling. But they’re deece so far. Nice weight and super sharp.

made sure to get forged ones rather than pressed/stamped.

Why is a forged one better except from probably being more beautiful? If you have a good sharpening stone and sharpening rod and learn how to use them you can make both extremely sharp. And that's the idea

11 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Why is a forged one better except from probably being more beautiful? 

Mostly weight distribution/hand-feel? Also my understanding is forged are more durable, they're thicker etc less prone to chipping, but I'm not sure. Looks didn't factor into the decision at all.

Oh, and a lot of our cooking is in large batches, the extra weight from the bolster seems to make it more comfortable when chopping for 40 minutes lol.

Edited by StephenG

2 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I got this one, mostly because the handle is luxurious (only losers have knives without a luxurious handle):

614krnhWbvL._SL1001_.jpg

Why is a forged one better except from probably being more beautiful? If you have a good sharpening stone and sharpening rod and learn how to use them you can make both extremely sharp. And that's the idea

That’s good, but not as good as my luxurious phallus! 8-)

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

I usually carry a Victorinox classic with me as a kind of simple tool but if I'm backpacking I likely have a Retki Trooper folding knife in the backpack also.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 8:49 AM, dingformung said:

614krnhWbvL._SL1001_.jpg

"Highly imprerious."

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...