IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Our Simulacra

thumbass

On 3/21/2020 at 8:02 PM, Bubba69 said:

I've wrote something to the effect before when people pile on this guy.

Say what you want about the flashbulb, but he's been cranking the music he wants to do for years, despite the criticism of his style from watmm. His youtube channel is pretty great, and he has a genuine love for electronic music production and everything surrounding it.  I'm not going to dig into the way he "comes off" in writing or whatever because he seems like generally a good natured dude (from what I've seen..) who's really dedicated his life and career to this stuff. I don't get super into most of his albums but I really admire the guy and what he's been able to accomplish.

Yeah it's just watmm bants and memes innit, he's not actually the Worst Person Ever. Just like how Chris Clark doesnt actually Use a Wheelchair and Machinedrum's shirt isn't actually That Bad (it is but whatever)

33 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Yeah it's just watmm bants and memes innit, he's not actually the Worst Person Ever. Just like how Chris Clark doesnt actually Use a Wheelchair and Machinedrum's shirt isn't actually That Bad (it is but whatever)

Plus he met Obama.

There are some interesting moments on it, and I like the kind of glitch hop vibe on a couple tracks, but there are some transitions that happen that make me question why they're there at all. Like that transition to a sad violin on one track. It's almost as if he thought there needed to be something there but didn't know what to put in. There's something missing as far as emotional substance goes.

He's technically good but really trivial, sort of IDM-sellout, the hate is natural even outside of any context. He's a "guitar-holding guy" that is alien element.

That said, he seems principled, releasing by himself and sticking to his unfashionable style

He isnt the most original of artists, but this album was/ is better than the last few albums of his. Listening to his last few projects was like being able to hear stock photos.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2020 at 11:57 PM, perunamuusi said:

What was the thing about not having pillows in europe?

He was gonna tour europe and he asked in general if he should bring a pillow with him. Because he was under the impression the people in europe don't use pillows. Or something....

• Burger 1

The hate for him is well deserved. He does to IDM what Elvis Presley did to Rock’n’Roll and R&B: steal it, polish it and turn it into pap.

The tracks posted in this thread prove it.