IGNORED

Andrea - Ritorno

gated

• 1 month later...

Bought this in February, lol. :catrecline:

And haven't regretted it, he never disappoints. It does kind of have the techno album syndrome I mentioned earlier in that this doesn't have half the energy you'd get if you took 3 of his EPs and slapped together an album. And like Compro it was unfortunately released almost at the same time as 8 hours of Autechre and might suffer by comparison. But if you're going to make an hour of traditional 'album techno' this is the way to do it. Best example of its kind I've heard in a long long time. It has a bit of an early Warp vibe in places, or old Speedy J or Laurent Garnier for instance. It also made me put on 20.000 Leagues Under the Skin, by the great pussy eater Johannes Heil, for the first time in years.

10/10

• Like 1

Dear Ilian supporters,

Andrea to play Ritorno live from Turin and raise money for the COVID-19 crisis in Italy.

Friday 10th April at 9pm CEST

Ilian Tape’s Andrea will be performing his debut album, Ritorno, live for the first time to celebrate its release and to raise money for a local COVID-19 charity helping on the frontlines of his home country.

Streaming on Friday 10th April at 9pm CEST from Turin, the video will include a donate button with all proceeds going to Croce Rossa who have been working on the frontlines since the start of the COVID-19 alert. Along with there ‘Time of Kindness’ service for the most vulnerable, the CRI have been ensuring relief, health and logistical support, safely managing medical transport, providing psychological support and informational services to thousands of citizens.

A portion of the album sales on the day will also be donated.

“The Italian connection has long been strong with Ilian Tape given both Andrea and Stenny call Turin home. With the Andrea LP out today we wanted to rally our fans and raise some funds. Every bit helps.

It wasn’t an easy decision to stick with the release date for this album, but we think that releasing it now is the right thing to do. Hopefully it will make it easier to deal with social distancing and to stay positive.” - Zenker Brothers

You will be able to find the live stream on Ilian Tape and Andrea’s Facebook pages linked below.

More information on Croce Rossa can be found here: www.cri.it/donazioni-coronavirus

www.facebook.com/iliantape/
www.facebook.com/ANDREAiliantape/

10 hours ago, Extralife said:

Reinf = my jam.

I think mine's the very next track actually! Oh and Twin Forests maybe.

I'm also replaying the Facebook Live now, probably the best show of his I've seen/heard since that 2015 Munich Boiler Room.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, manmower said:

It also made me put on 20.000 Leagues Under the Skin, by the great pussy eater Johannes Heil, for the first time in years.

10/10

Haha I've laughed all fuckin day at this line and put on "Illuminate the Planet" in honor of his oral prowess. '99 came rushing back in.

Alright jokes aside, this album is fuckin lush. I can't help but imagine Skee Mask getting a little unnerved by this release. Andrea has definitively sat down at his lunch table and is eyeballing his cake pretty hard. 

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...