IGNORED

The Future Sound of London - A Controlled Vista

fumi

It's been out a while and yet I couldn't find a thread about it.

This is a surprisingly good album , harking back to those incredible broadcasts they use to do back in the day. It has all the copyright watermarks etc to give it a real archive feel. While there are quite a few new pieces int this continuous 49 minute piece, they cleverly sprinkle in lots of old early 90s samples that had me misting up. Great stuff.

https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/touched-by-silence-please-note-fsol-is-cd-only-boxes-will-ship-in-early-feb

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fumi said:

It's been out a while and yet I couldn't find a thread about it.

This is a surprisingly good album , harking back to those incredible broadcasts they use to do back in the day. It has all the copyright watermarks etc to give it a real archive feel. While there are quite a few new pieces int this continuous 49 minute piece, they cleverly sprinkle in lots of old early 90s samples that had me misting up. Great stuff.

https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/touched-by-silence-please-note-fsol-is-cd-only-boxes-will-ship-in-early-feb

• Rubin Farr changed the title to The Future Sound of London - A Controlled Vista

Listening to this most of the weekend. All those samples of phone calls featuring people trying to contact FSOL remind me a lot of the the KLF. I'm pretty sure this album is a nod to 'The Waiting'.

Also love that sample at around the fifteen minute mark of some guy saying "You will forget about me." And a woman replying "Why would I do that?"

This album feels like falling through some wormhole back to 1992.

00:00 FSOL - I Can't Find You
04:32 FSOL / Dan Pemberton - Offers on the Table
09:57 FSOL - Closure
14:19 FSOL - You Will Forget About Me
16:30 FSOL - Organic Weapon
19:36 Yage - Subtle Cause
20:56 Yage - Across 82
22:30 Humanoid - Tiny Machine Birth
25:39 FSOL - Optical Overspill
28:27 FSOL - A Type of Thought
30:40 Synthi A - Rivers Over Roads
34:51 Yage - Tower City North
36:53 FSOL - Slope/5/a
38:24 FSOL - Control Vista
42:55 Humanoid - Mass Made
46:36 FSOL - The Old Coastal Path

Nothing confirmed on the length of the sale, but I think it coincides with the suspension of physical shipments because of COVID-19, so you have a week or two. (Don't quote me on that)

My recommendations for your average WATMM IDM-head are KAAGE EP, Built by Humanoid, A Controlled Vista, Environment Six and Archived 9. You can't go wrong with much of the stuff on there though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i am constantly in awe of the production of newer fsol stuff. each new thing is like an demonstration of perfect production. it's so smooth, deep, lush af, just such a fucking pleasure to physically feel imo.

the music ofc totally kicks ass so i gotta just say fuck yeah here.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i am constantly in awe of the production of newer fsol stuff. each new thing is like an demonstration of perfect production. it's so smooth, deep, lush af, just such a fucking pleasure to physically feel imo.

the music ofc totally kicks ass so i gotta just say fuck yeah here.

100% agreed. They’ve really gotten better with age. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 1:03 AM, purlieu said:

Nothing confirmed on the length of the sale, but I think it coincides with the suspension of physical shipments because of COVID-19, so you have a week or two. (Don't quote me on that)

My recommendations for your average WATMM IDM-head are KAAGE EP, Built by Humanoid, A Controlled Vista, Environment Six and Archived 9. You can't go wrong with much of the stuff on there though.

Purchased all of these plus Environments 6.5, thanks for the recos!

• 5 months later...

‘You will forget about me’ features a sample from the 1994 movie, ‘The Shadow’. Just made the connection after watching the film today. The lines in the sample are spoken by Alec Baldwin and Penelope Ann Miller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1