IGNORED

Beirut Explosion

bendish

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, bendish said:

What does that? Can't be fireworks. Hydrogen? Lebanon is really being kicked while down. Very sad. 

Lebanese Army source just told me no cause confirmed yet for explosions in Beirut but possibly a "container of fireworks was burning and the fire spread to reach a nitrate warehouse that led to this massive explosions."

Saw this on Twitter.

Gives me chills watching these videos.  Can't imagine what it would feel like watching that from a distance and seeing the cloud heading towards you.  Given everything that has gone on in that region, there will be a shit ton of anger and fear on the streets tonight - I hope calm remains though as the injured are found and treated

Goodness. I must admit, my mind went to "Akira" as well, right off the bat. 

Just goes to show how sheltered my perspective is. We have all these bombs capable of this shit, so many all over the world, yet I think of cartoons because the most violent thing I'd ever seen was 9/11. 

I'm worried about all those people there. 

Just now, apriorion said:

Goodness. I must admit, my mind went to "Akira" as well, right off the bat. 

Just goes to show how sheltered my perspective is. We have all these bombs capable of this shit, so many all over the world, yet I think of cartoons because the most violent thing I'd ever seen was 9/11. 

I'm worried about all those people there. 

This kind of man-made devastation hasn't been a big part of the global conversation for probably a whole generation, so this comparison seems fairly appropriate to me. It's hard to wrap one's head around. It's horrifying to watch, yeah, when you think about all the caches of nukes, let alone explosives, that are just laying around all over the world... Key Nell is right.

19 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

This kind of man-made devastation hasn't been a big part of the global conversation for probably a whole generation, so this comparison seems fairly appropriate to me. It's hard to wrap one's head around. It's horrifying to watch, yeah, when you think about all the caches of nukes, let alone explosives, that are just laying around all over the world... Key Nell is right.

Not sure how this key nell reference fits? I'm slow please go ahead. 

12 minutes ago, tec said:

A thread about an explosion being labelled as hot is incredibly insensitive. This forum needs to ban itself. 

*instantly regrets choosing "hot" for topics with many responses over "blowing up"*

Archived