IGNORED

Wagon Christ - Recepticon (10/24/2020)

auxFACTOR

Preorder done. LP, CD, and that art print is sweet! Never thought I’d get Luke’s signature. That’s getting framed and hung over my turntable!
For once I’m musically happy to be in the states. cheers!

• Like 1

Ha.  Seeing the title of the preview song on Bandcamp had me expecting that Negativland sample.   So there's that warning about the cost of shipping to the US, but it only looks to be $5.  Am I missing something?

Edited by BaggerMcGuirk

11 hours ago, dr lopez said:

just listened to all the wagon christ albums in a row. tally ho is the best one

I really enjoy Throbbing Pouch and Musipal, Tally Ho! is the only one I havent heard, gonna fix that rn

Tally Ho! is an amazing album and I think flows the best from track to track.  But damn it, why Luke left "There is Not Enough Space in This Track" off the official release I'll never know.  

I rank them thusly:

Tally Ho!
Sorry I Make You Lush

Throbbing Pouch

Musipal

Toomorrow

Sunset Blvd

Phat Lab Nightmare

The last two are not typical "Wagon  Christ" to be fair though,  love both.    Really cool moment at the Brooklyn show last September when DJ Warp took over the decks to finish the night and played " Chicago's Back Breaking Bat" from Sunset Blvd  bringing a chuckle from Luke when he heard it.  

• Like 2

Tally Ho is the best, and I absolutely love the "Studio Sessions" as well.  Throbbing Pouch has production that seems way ahead of the time it was released.  I actually haven't checked "Sorry I Make You Lush", but I'm going in now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Tally Ho is the best, and I absolutely love the "Studio Sessions" as well.  Throbbing Pouch has production that seems way ahead of the time it was released.  I actually haven't checked "Sorry I Make You Lush", but I'm going in now.

Stupid question: is there any way to get Studio Sessions in a higher quality than the 128 Soulseek editions?

I’m putting my money on this being a top tier, maybe the best Wagon Christ album to date.

16 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Stupid question: is there any way to get Studio Sessions in a higher quality than the 128 Soulseek editions?

im interested in this as well ?

On 9/8/2020 at 11:49 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Ha.  Seeing the title of the preview song on Bandcamp had me expecting that Negativland sample.   So there's that warning about the cost of shipping to the US, but it only looks to be $5.  Am I missing something?

The warning is about shipping from the US isn't it?

Its advising EU based people to wait for a records store closer to home.

EDIT: $5 is insane for shipping, a fucking letter in Ireland costs nearly 2€

Edited by chassis
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:34 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

I’m putting my money on this being a top tier, maybe the best Wagon Christ album to date.

im interested in this as well ?

You will not be disappointed with Recepticon.

Edited by Velazquez
spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chassis said:

The warning is about shipping from the US isn't it?

Ok that explains a whole lot.  I'll just sit here and enjoy it this time, given how much I have to import stuff from the UK.  

1 hour ago, Velazquez said:

where?

13:55ish in the SoundCloud teaser, sample of big booty hoes? Prob sampled from somewhere else originally of course but I recognized it from biggie.

ah yeah it’s originally sampled from idris Muhammad, crab apple. My bad. For a min I was just kinda laughing thinking of Luke blasting big booty hoes for inspiration ?

I’ll cross post this in the sample spotting thread when the album comes out. ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

13:55ish in the SoundCloud teaser, sample of big booty hoes? Prob sampled from somewhere else originally of course but I recognized it from biggie.

ah yeah it’s originally sampled from idris Muhammad, crab apple. My bad. For a min I was just kinda laughing thinking of Luke blasting big booty hoes for inspiration ?

I’ll cross post this in the sample spotting thread when the album comes out. ?

ahh nice- yeah the WC tune is called "Likewutchyadoo"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Velazquez said:

That's all I'm gonna say (It's wicked).

That’s all that’s needed tbh! ? I cant wait, so super duper stoked. Comes out on the wife’s bday as well, we have our whole weekend planned around it. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Yo...the track Bleep Me Out...help me out, Im SURE I already have this somewhere, I've been listening to it for years. I can't fucking remember where though, I've been going through all the mixes I have on my phone. I swear it's RIGHT at the start of an aphex mix. One recorded off a soundboard or radio show (so not with a mic, but still that sort of loud oversaturated pirate radio vibe).

It's driving me mental

5 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Bleep Me Out = skip to 11:20, what set is this in cos I've been listening to it for years

I swear it sounds familiar too, I know Wagon Christ songs do that a lot to me but I feel like I've heard at least the uh main... didgery-dooey kinda sound somewhere else before for sure...