IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

What film were you shooting? I'd love to get into film, but for the moment, digital is serving me well!

oh it was a plain 35 mm film and iirc it was 400 ASA, maybe even 200. nothing fancy really

digital's great but as with my music i'm chasing feelings and hidden meanings, not photons...and somehow i manage to catch them more easily with film.

also, with digital you can easily shoot 3000 pics per day, i know, i've been there, and it wasn't productive for me. with film i deliberately limit my self to 30 pics, sometimes even 5 per shooting. yes, you can do that with digital too but to me it has more sense to do it with film. 

p.s.

on our national tv there's a documentary called ''photography in croatia'' and one day it was about a guy from the early 20th century. he had this old big heavy photo-machine that he carried around with him. it was huge!

so, once he went up a mountain with that machine and only 5 big heavy film plates and he manage to take 4 great shots, which are good enough for a documentary 100 yrs later. i think you know what i mean with this example. yes, everythig about this is heavily debatable but i just wanted you to understand where i'm coming from at this moment in time ;) ...but the most important question is Are we happy with our results? if you're happy with digital, stay with digital.

Edited by xox

masss.jpg

DSC.jpg

RIP Mij 2005-2016

My pupper passed away last week, miss him like hell. Going through the old photos to get a nice photo to get printed. In those ones above he was only 1 years old I think.

direct film to digital convertion, no filters, no postproduction except some cropping

What do you use for converting the film to digital?

i give negatives to my friend who works at fotoshop store and he convert them professionally but im planing to buy something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LU0XO3O?psc=1

or you can make yourself a scanner: 

Edited by xox

• 1 month later...