IGNORED

WATMM travel thread

usagi

I got laid off and a pretty good severance package so I've been travelling since January. On a budget but anyway.

I got laid off and a pretty good severance package so I've been travelling since January. On a budget but anyway.

That's still so awesome (the travel part anyways)!

Once in a lifetime opportunity probably. I'm jealous.

Edited by StephenG

• 1 month later...

I am now in northern Norway near Lofoten. I drove here with a rental from Finland through Sweden. Visited a friend in Kiruna on the way and drank lots of beer.

wow man, your whole journey sounds awesome, nice one!

for me, it's just over 5 weeks until I visit japan again :emotawesomepm9:

think I might have to actually meet peace7 this time

for me, it's just over 5 weeks until I visit japan again :emotawesomepm9:

Jealous! Really want to get to Japan soon.

Went to Iceland with my sister a couple of weeks ago, had a great time. Went hiking from Skogafoss to Basar (Thorsmork), spent some time in Reykjavik, and then ended with time in the Westfjords in Flateyri. Here are some choice shots:

1VRMnP0l.jpg

79gSu6El.jpg

TiWGRoKl.jpg

dtGN89bl.jpg

Will be back in Shanghai by the end of the month; if any of you are in the neighborhood, DM me!

^ wow, those pictures are great!

Thanks man! I"m a little bummed about the second one; took that on my hike, and it looks to be a bit blurry/overexposed, but what the hey. Highly recommend a trip to Iceland!

gonna spend three weeks touring uk in october for my honeymoon. fly into dublin, chill all over s ireland for a few days, fly to edinburgh, drive all over scotland for a few days and then down into england then over to wales and ferry back to dublin to fly home. first trip overseas for me so i'm pretty stoked. i'm thinkin' about pickin' up a sony rx100 iii or iv since my only camera is an old sony cybershot 5mp that's almost 10 yrs old.

Edited by juiceciuj

I loved Westfjords also. Out of the way of tourists and suitably barren for me. :) I was in the Eastern part and at the end of the road there is this geothermal pool called Krossneslaug in the beachfront that is open 24h a day. Just drop 500ISK (about 3.4 euros) in the box if no personel is present. We were bathing there at midnight. :ok:

Not my picture, but anyway:

imgp8090.jpg

^ wow, those pictures are great!

Thanks man! I"m a little bummed about the second one; took that on my hike, and it looks to be a bit blurry/overexposed, but what the hey. Highly recommend a trip to Iceland!

It's on my bucket list for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

In Estonia, now going back to Finland by a ferry. I got a new apartment and a new job starting next Tuesday. So my traveling is ending for a while.

17 countries and 63 places where I slept in the last 7 months..

Oh fuck it is restricted on here and it does the same on facebook for another video but will work with the direct link it seems.

Basically have to open it in another tab to get them to play.

Nice photos of Iceland though I was watching a Bjork thing earlier and remembered she is from there.

Edited by Skeptinoid

We seem to be the privileged few on watmm that can afford to travel, let's get some more pictures up in here! shit selfies are better than nothing.

Let's see.. I have about 1500 pictures in my phone.. some are already in my tumblr.

Roseau, Dominica

tumblr_nlz9r6LOWk1so482go1_500.jpg

Gros Islet, St. Lucia

tumblr_nlz9ftBGU31so482go1_1280.jpg

St. Lawrence Gap, Barbados

tumblr_nlz96tyYp31so482go1_1280.jpg

Carnival in Fort-de-France, Martinique

tumblr_ntstif9QL01so482go1_1280.jpg

My hammock in Sainte-Anne, Martinique

tumblr_ntstr7kOb91so482go1_1280.jpg

Willemstad, Curaçao

tumblr_ntsu2xOnRE1so482go1_1280.jpg