IGNORED

TDR just posted this to facebook

thehauntingsoul

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait is this a book or a poster?

Autechre v. TDR 2014 21 Years of Pop, Art & Crisps

To celebrate 21 years since Autechre and TDR first worked together, we've produced a limited edition (100) black & white screenprint with debossed type detail based on our current work for Autechre's stand alone live dates this year. The design is inspired by a sense of looking back to the future before it's gone, feeding off Franco Grignani's 1960s computer-inspired font on the back of work towards a TDR book on Franco, which history has taught us will probably never actually happen. Tees to follow. Autechre approved, naturally.

ON SALE NOW at the TDR FB store first come first served. All purchases stamped and authenticated.

It's a white screenprint with debossed type detail/poster. Thought it was a book because they felt the need to cram some awkwardly worded irrelevant info in there.

might be interested in a tee of that tho, which probably is going to be glossy embossed salmon perfumed with a font taken from an obscure marvel comic book book booky mcbook book $250

idm gods be smiling apon us, (bull)wallet gods not so much.

i reeeaallly love the retro-futuristic font and everything but 82€ for a poster? nope.

might be interested in a tee of that tho, which probably is going to be glossy embossed salmon perfumed with a font taken from an obscure marvel comic book book booky mcbook book $250

please no :0

:happy: well I asked my mum if she would lend me her credit card to buy a special arty book by Autechre and TDR and she said yes. Autechre she'd never hear of, though she knows of Aphex Twin (the eccentric bloke on keyboards from Cornwall) and BOC (the eccentric blokes on keyboards from Scotland). So I got it. I also bought a very pukka Orb white t-shirt for some ridiculous price also on her credit card. It was a nice t-shirt. It was also a very nice price!

Guest jasondonervan

"Mum, it's not a book, it's a print - does that change things?"

:emotawesomepm9:

(I ordered a book print too, but it combines my love for both 'chre and tDR so I'm more than happy)

Guest jasondonervan

Ah well, you get a nice print out of the deal, and an Orb shirt through delicious happenstance. Can't say fairer than that! :ok:

That's a very expensive poster lol. If you see the picture of the poster on the farcebook page (in the cardboard thingymejiggy) it looks like a 200 page book! I thought I was getting a bible of Autechre/tDR goodness.

I'm off to bed

I'm a huge Ae fan as I'm sure many of you are aware. I'm not paying $100+ for a poster though, are you kidding me? If it was an art book with all the art tDR has ever done for Ae I would pick that up in a second but a poster? No thanks.

Agreed, the artwork on this poster also isn't my thing, I'm more then happy with my Quaristice poster that I got for 10% of the price of this one.

The TDR site says it is printed on 485 x 700mm 310gsm Somerset Tub-sized satin. Maybe that's why it costs more than your regular poster.

Archived