IGNORED

Run The Jewels (El-P & Killer Mike) - RTJ 2

Perezvon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foolish Beerwolf post :happy:

What I meant was 89 was the end of my Golden Age, one morning I got up and decided I was into thrash metal and Pink Floyd. I just lost interest at the moment NWA were appearing. Those albums/artists you mention I got into years and years later. I just had enough of it all by 89 and needed something new. Ten years later the same happened with guitar music and hence why I'm here on an IDM forum. Of course now I like everything. When younger, music was more tribal I guess.

Boring life story over with :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

did you guys know that the cop in that video ^ is washed-up revivalist Joel Theriot from True Detective? I just found out randomly

reverend-joel-theriot.w529.h352.2x.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Haven't seen too many hip hop shows but I'd say they were pretty good. They had a lot of energy and joked around with the crowd to good results but it's not like you could hear their lyrics at a festival. They had a turntablist with them too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

RTJ3 was a tad too political for me but still had so many bangers.

Talk to me, Legend Has It,  Kill Your Masters, call Ticketron, and Stay Gold all bang pretty hard.

I prefer when RTJ is in "hilariously badass" mode.

On 2/12/2020 at 8:04 PM, yekker said:

Haven't listened to rtj3 much but love the first two... How would you guys rate the third one?

Better than 1, not as good as 2.  Agreeing with acid1 on his track selections but would also add that Panther Like a Panther is a fucking banger that represents the best of RTJ - braggadocio, suaveness, political savvy and big fucking beats.

Archived