IGNORED

The Making of Windowlicker

boris

Am I seriously the only one who noticed that on the Syro album art one of the expenses is titled

"Digitisation from tape archive copy of The Making of Windowlicker" ?

WHAT IS THIS? ANY INFO ON IT? I WOULD LIKE THIS.

Also, another expense on the Syro album art::

"Flights and trains to London for Alison / Boris / Ingmar / Jens / Sabine / Teo / Viron"

:spiteful:

Am I seriously the only one who noticed that on the Syro album art one of the expenses is titled

"Digitisation from tape archive copy of The Making of Windowlicker" ?

WHAT IS THIS? ANY INFO ON IT? I WOULD LIKE THIS.

Also, another expense on the Syro album art::

"Flights and trains to London for Alison / Boris / Ingmar / Jens / Sabine / Teo / Viron"

:spiteful:

Haha I'm boris too

Wen I was grilling the employees at Amoeba Records about what the drop card was supposed to access, one of them seemed to think that there would be some video on the website. I think that could be the making of Windowlicker, maybe?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Are you sure it doesn't just mean the costs of making windowlicker? Like it's not a documentary, it's literally just talking about the money spent to make the windowlicker music video? Maybe I've missed something and I sound like an idiot, but that's all I can think of it being.

Are you sure it doesn't just mean the costs of making windowlicker? Like it's not a documentary, it's literally just talking about the money spent to make the windowlicker music video? Maybe I've missed something and I sound like an idiot, but that's all I can think of it being.

Yeah, I kinda thought it was being used just for the purposes of comparison as well. But it does seem kind of odd only to include that.

The music video was made 15 years before Syro was released though. And the 'digitisation from tape archive copy' bit makes it sound like an actual file has been produced.

I just don't know what's in the file.

The music video was made 15 years before Syro was released though. And the 'digitisation from tape archive copy' bit makes it sound like an actual file has been produced.

+ The expression "making of" in reference to a videoclip or any documentary, tv series or movie really, well, usually means something very specific, which is: they filmed the making of the videoclip and turned it into a documentary of some sort.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool, I never seen these, I'll dig em up from somewhere

http://vk.com/album1803045_153645853

They are from the Chris Cunnigham booklet that came with a DVD with his videos.

OMG, every single time I watch photo no. 30 from the booklet I can't help having a fit of laughter. It is so crazy it makes me happy.

I think I'm gonna make a huge poster from it!! :happy:

winderlicker_3.jpg

Cool, I never seen these, I'll dig em up from somewhere

http://vk.com/album1803045_153645853

They are from the Chris Cunnigham booklet that came with a DVD with his videos.

OMG, every single time I watch photo no. 30 from the booklet I can't help having a fit of laughter. It is so crazy it makes me happy.

I think I'm gonna make a huge poster from it!! :happy:

winderlicker_3.jpg

You could also try and buy the 12" with that cover: http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Windowlicker/release/214722

I found that in a shop a few years ago and they were trying to get €50,- for it - I told them it's just a worthless promo and got it for €10,-. Guess I was lucky seeing those discogs prices just now :emotawesomepm9: still have that €50,- sticker on it for awesome value though.

Archived