IGNORED

Prefuse 73 - 2 EPs and one LP this year

sidewinder

He launched Yellow Year Records in 2013, and now he's announced 3 releases on Temporary Residence this year. So he's definitely off Warp? And why not release these through Yellow Year? Maybe that's meant for collaborations and such. Anyway, the Temporary Residence announcement just surprised me, I was expecting that he would still be releasing on Warp.

Pt. 1 - Forsyth Gardens EP

Pt. 2 - Rivington Nao Rio LP

Pt. 3 - Every Color of Darkness EP

No track lists or artwork released yet, just some teaser/promo videos.

http://youtu.be/GrsW41t6Z9g

http://youtu.be/tS647pmVrkA

Yeah I just noticed on the new Warp website that he got deleted from the artists list...A real shame, I'm fond of his stuff - beside his latest album which I never really got into...
Previews sound great as hell !

Also a few years ago he tweeted me that orchestral versions of some tracks on Interregnums would see the light of day...that would have been cool too !

EP+LP+EP sounds intriguing, I'm always looking forward to new prefuse.

Hopefully he's moved on from The Only She Chapters. That album had the ingredients to be something worthwhile, but it never gelled with me.

I loved One Word Extinguisher and Surrounded By Silence, but haven't heard anything really compelling from him since then. Is he gonna make a comeback on his post-Warp venture, I wonder?

Yeah I just noticed on the new Warp website that he got deleted from the artists list...A real shame, I'm fond of his stuff - beside his latest album which I never really got into...

Also a few years ago he tweeted me that orchestral versions of some tracks on Interregnums would see the light of day...that would have been cool too !

maybe he wanted to be deleted

He's still listed in "All" artists, just not "Current" ones.

I didn't really care for The Only She Chapters but new Prefuse is good news. What the hell happened with the whole Yellow Year thing though? There was supposed to be a series of 12 or 13 releases of artist collaborations and such but all we seemed to get was the Sons of the Morning EP (though I did enjoy that quite a bit)

He's still listed in "All" artists, just not "Current" ones.

Just like every other former Warp artists no ?

I meant that it was sad because his music won't be released as widely as before. As for the Yellow Year it was probably just a matter of money !

interesting. Surprised him and warp parted ways, he's been with them for a long time...

Arg...this makes me feel old. I remember back on the old old warpnet when Estrocaro came out and my brain imploded. I do think he dropped off as Prefuse after Silence. I really liked his Delarosa & Asora EP + LP on Schematic, and his Savath &/y Savalas stuff through and including Manana. Not sure what the drop off was related to... he's a super-talented producer and I sure hope he has a resurgence up his sleeve.

from: http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2015/02/prefuse-73-details-upcoming-lp-shares-new-track/

Rivington Não Rio

1. Señora 95 (Intro)

2. Applauded Assumptions
3. Quiet One (feat. Rob Crow)
4. Through A Lit And Darkened Path (Pts. 1+2)
5. Inside
6. Infrared (feat. Sam Dew)
7. Jacinto Lyric Range
8. 140 Jabs Interlude (feat. Milo & Busdriver)
9. See More Than Just Stars (feat. Helado Negro)
10. Mojav Mating Call
11. Open Nerve Farewells

Hear the track Infrared at the link.

It sounds....okay. Not a bad track, some nice sounds from synths and drums, vocals are alright. Overall doesn't exactly get me going though. Waiting to hear the rest.

prefuse discussions seem to come up every few years here...I think the general consensus is he started out strong with Vocal Studies and his side projects at the time, released his masterpiece with One Word Extinguisher, was so-so in the late 2000's, bounced back slightly with Ampexian, and then tanked completely with the Only She chapters and other recent productions (the Piano Overlord album he put out in 2012 was awful)

I'm a fan and think he still has it in him to produce something great, but this new track isn't exactly getting the hopes up...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Travels In Constants, Volume 25

[youtubehd]JrNyf_YEXK4[/youtubehd]

It has been over four years since Prefuse 73 has released any significant new music (though he has kept busy with collaborations, live shows, and remixes). 2015 marks the return of P73 in a big way, with a seemingly endless stream of new recordings in the form of an album, EPs, and mixtapes. This Travels In Constants mix serves as an introduction to that new material. Much of what is on this disc will remain exclusive to this release, though it very obviously contains the same DNA as the forthcoming releases. This dude is on fire right now, by far the most prolific and inspired he’s been in a decade.

1. Loop One 0:00
2. Infrared (feat. Sam Dew) 0:09
3. Loop Two 3:38
4. An Effortless Lavender Swim 4:34
5. Loop Three 8:51
6. Still Pretending 8:58
7. Loop Four 11:52
8. Nothingness 12:02
9. Loop Five 14:00
10. Broad Plant 14:09

• 2 weeks later...

I dig it. Very happy to have him back, still listen to his shit on the regular. I think Ampexian and Surrounded By Silence are my favorites. But really all of it is quality.

Also, random side note, back in '09 I saw him open for Tortoise right after Ampexian and Beacons both came out. Tremendously good performances, only further enhanced by me tripping my face off on some crazy Internet mushrooms I ordered from Amsterdam. Definitely one of the best shows of my life. :) Haven't seen either of them since, life is tough sometimes.

Archived