IGNORED

Kode9 + Burial - Infirmary / Unknown Summer

We shouldn't forget to praise Kode9! Im not the biggest footwork whatever guy but he pulls it off. I've actually been getting back into Black Sun and nothing etc. and they have grown on me massively . The new album is actually pretty great too.

• Like 3

Love the burial track but also pleasantly suprised how much I like the kode 9 track....might have to revist his last couple of albums he's someone I've checked out over the years but never fully got on board with.

• Like 1

Wowowow really really liking both tracks Burial never misses. Loving the jazz style in Kode9's track

On 7/20/2023 at 2:33 AM, Friendly Stranger said:

Listening to Anti Dawn rn, it’s amazing. Good memories of walking along the Hawaii shore at night the week this was released. The last 3 min. of new love have more emotional resonance for me than entire albums from other artists. 

The Antidawn EP similarly reminds me of lush memories from when I lived in Avignon the day it came out. I still listen to it regularly it's sublime.

• Like 1

Quite digging the Kode 9 track. Not keen on the vocal sample though, spoils it for me. Thankfully it doesn’t appear to often so I won’t let it be too much bother. Burial track hitting the spot as well. Proving he’s an ambient producer par excellence. Very impressive release. Off to play Streetlands EP now.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, manmower said:

Prefer Burial's recent-ish stuff over his albums but this track is like a less good version of his Deep Summer remix.

Agreed. Definitely rather listen to all his newish stuff like Anti Dawn, Streetlands, Beach Fires, Rodent, Night Market and this track than his albums. Which I’ve never been down with anyway. I think Burial is doing quite fine with his direction.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Definitely rather listen to all his newish stuff like Anti Dawn, Streetlands, Beach Fires, Rodent, Night Market

I'm getting into these a lot more lately.