IGNORED

Burial - Dreamfear (9th February)

fumi

Digging the tracks. Excited to hear the legit digitals.

The leak is *brutally harsh*. Listening now with soothe and tdr arbiter on. It’s also straight up mono. 

Im reminded of Lambeth i think? Available for years as a low res netradio rip then finally released legitimately. And the official release sounded exactly as bad as the radio rip bootleg. 

He's probably a dad bloke nowadays. Maybe the younger life he had before that inspired his music in a more creative way. There's only a handful of artists in the universe who have remained constantly at the top of their game throughout their lives. And three of those individuals have sub forums on watmm. I'm not angry at the negative comments towards Burial, just saying his best records are probably long gone.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Pretty sure there was some zippo action on antidawn actually! But more back ground sounds than the old school burial rhythm version I guess you mean

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, purlieu said:

New long-haired artist pic and XL banner, big of an overhaul. Is he properly signed to XL for the foreseeable now, then?

I think it's an exclusive license of him to XL

On 1/19/2024 at 8:18 AM, xox said:

I wonder will he zippo ever again? 

he will never Ghost Dog again, that's for sure.

Edited by usagi
  • Farnsworth 1

On 1/18/2024 at 8:08 PM, purlieu said:

New long-haired artist pic and XL banner, big of an overhaul. Is he properly signed to XL for the foreseeable now, then?

Dunno. But if he is then I bet Kode9 is a bit cheesed off - especially so if theres (potentially) an album ready to go. Burial's stuff outsells everything else on Hyperdub by orders of magnitude and I imagine helps to keep them financially afloat. 

• Like 2

honestly I just want new burial tunes to be these dark grimey dancefloor tunes you can play at 3am under some metropolitan  bridge while everyones off their tits.. the city version of going "awooo" with the homies out in the woods.. *lights zippo* this ain't it chief

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chronical said:

honestly I just want new burial tunes to be these dark grimey dancefloor tunes you can play at 3am under some metropolitan  bridge while everyones off their tits.. the city version of going "awooo" with the homies out in the woods.. *lights zippo* this ain't it chief

But he did all that with the first two albums

Since then he's tried to explore slightly different vibes but still reconignisably burial. I've bought random EPs from time to time, I like Kindred, Rival Dealer, Street Halo, Claustro, all that.

And it seems like the tracks are actually 'about something', even if we can't discern what it is exactly.

I like what burial does.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zazen said:

But he did all that with the first two albums

Since then he's tried to explore slightly different vibes but still reconignisably burial. I've bought random EPs from time to time, I like Kindred, Rival Dealer, Street Halo, Claustro, all that.

And it seems like the tracks are actually 'about something', even if we can't discern what it is exactly.

I like what burial does.

he did but seeing his unreleased material he could also do it on a third album, ya know? growing up going to raves I just have a massive boner for dance music in general, I'm sure I'm biased in this regard when it comes to burial..

On 1/23/2024 at 4:30 PM, NewSchoolScience said:

It's now so cool to hate on Burial that it's become uncool

is this that thing where the popular kids catch the mildest bit of criticism and assign themselves outsider status?

Stay in ur lane bruh

Burial fuckin sucks

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

TBF he's always had pretty bad press at watmm towers. I think apart from the run of three EPs after Untrue everything else has been mostly sniffed at.