IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

Everyone wants the waffleland tune and the turin track ?

4 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

And who was your "friend" that had XMASEVE a whole 5 years before being released?

It was on youtube he played it in Metz France years before release

He played 180db at soundbombing in 2005

• Like 1

My friend was a lad called Cunzer that I went to school with from Malahide in Dublin who made pretty mad music under the name Fancy Goods. I don't think he ever took it too serious

• Like 1

Yeh was gonna mention the Syro "M" tracks not coming to proper release for years (9 at most) after being played - Manchester, Metz, Minehead

Lets hope there's less time BUT... when those tracks did finally appear, after years of being lauded ... what a time to be alive

Edited by phudoshin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, diatoms said:

three days til :aphexsign:

Just paid for the pre-order here at Tower Records japan - album plus a tshirt (nothing exclusive just a white shirt with the aphex logo on the front - i feel like such a fanboy) plus some goodies apparently. Will see what they are when the record arrives! I'm giddy!

• Like 5

Was at a local record store and tried playing dumb (not hard to do. dudunch) and asked if they had it. The dude said "yep!" and before I could say anything else "but I can't sell it yet".. then said "it's good dude" and just grinned. Wanted to jump behind the counter lol. I've been sort of staunchly not wanting to buy this one due to how expensive 4 tracks are.. but who am I kidding, if I see this in the wild I'll feverishly throw money at it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cern said:

So silly this waiting til release date thing. Just let people buy it if they find it in a record store wtf! 

Hey, weren't you complaining about this EP earlier? What was it...not enough tracks...you didn't like the prereleased track. I dunno man...you should shush! ?

• Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, cern said:

So silly this waiting til release date thing. Just let people buy it if they find it in a record store wtf! 

Agree - the EP is about to do the round right now at various p2p. Stupid with those release date when a shop like Rihnos has sold the vinyl since saturday last week.

28 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Hey, weren't you complaining about this EP earlier? What was it...not enough tracks...you didn't like the prereleased track. I dunno man...you should shush! ?

Well first of fuck you then yes I do have opinions, strange right? What is wrong with you girl? did I hurt your feelings ?

• Facepalm 3
  • Big Brain 1

A pretty hilarious fake is floating around the seeking of souls. "track 2" made me lol quite a bit. It's "Richard" of Effects Twin introducing the next 2 tracks and even giving instructions in how to listen to them and thanking you for the support. Rich even has a very thick american accent. It's good stuff. 

I find it a bit fuckin annoying that I preordered it ages ago and still haven't got an email to say it has been dispatched and people in America have it already, nothing against the people getting it already just with Warp and however they are doing this, at least give me my digital download now shops have fucked you over and started selling it early

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

I find it a bit fuckin annoying that I preordered it ages ago and still haven't got an email to say it has been dispatched and people in America have it already, nothing against the people getting it already just with Warp and however they are doing this, at least give me my digital download now shops have fucked you over and started selling it early

I'm still waiting for my dispatched email too.

I need to get one today for any chance of having for release day!

Easy, tigers; I get that people are chafing at the bit, so am I, but the digis will be available for everyone on release day, which is just around the corner. I mean, wax is just for show anyway, right?

And some random shops jumping the gun is hardly Warp's fault, is it? What are they gonna do, not set a release day and just say sell it whenever you're ready? There's gotta be a fixed date, and if some douches decide to go rogue, well fuck them I say.

It's two more nights, friends. Until then, keep calm and listen to the galaxies of previously unheard music on Bandcamp alone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pirtek said:

I need to get one today for any chance of having for release day!

Just got a notification, so should get Friday or Saturday.

25 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I mean, wax is just for show anyway, right

Er, no.

40 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Er, no.

1 hour ago, IDEM said:

I mean, everyone in their right mind would at least accept 24bit WAVs as a temporary second-rate substitute until their genuine complete-with-surface-noise wax arrives one or two days later, right?

Sorry, I've rephrased my admittedly somewhat polemical statement above. ?

Edit: Don't mean to get into the whole "digital vs. vinyl" discussion. I couldn't care less. Hell, I've ordered the vinyl myself. It is a great conversation starter, after all.

Edited by IDEM
  • Haha 2