IGNORED

Ableton Live 12

auxien

59 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Wooo finally got the released version installed. But no updated manual yet 😞

Just downloaded and installed too - Cpu fan currently spinning at a billion rpm indexing everything.

I'm still on V.8 and happy with it - while using like 2% of the software features -  lol :dadjoke:

... well actually I just use midi clips and c.c. to send to hardware stuff, that's why. + a small bit of audio loops sometimes, or samples.

Spoiler

and wooo ....I didn't even paid for it ...shhhht..

but loads of very interesting things in later abelton stuff, might go up for it one day..... maybe.... maybe.

Edited by neurone

1 hour ago, YEK said:

So just install over previous?

On mine (windows machine) it seems to have kept 11, grabbed my preferences, default template and installed packs & user library and used them for a new 12 install. So currently I have both but will no doubt uninstall 11 tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

the 12 beta and 11 beta and 11 release version all install separately and are each available for use. 

11 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Just downloaded and installed too - Cpu fan currently spinning at a billion rpm indexing everything.

I've been dabbling with the beta for the last couple of weeks so I'd already indexed my 530GB of samples, which yeah took a while

spacer.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ignatius said:

the 12 beta and 11 beta and 11 release version all install separately and are each available for use. 

I was thinking Yek meant installing the 12 (release) installer over the 11 (release) version (the address for which 'got out' yesterday evening, before it was officially available in the accounts page just now)

Ableton Live 12 is now out of beta – plus both the Performance Pack and a tuning site available to everyone (with or without Live). Here’s a review of everything to know.

https://cdm.link/2024/03/live-12-is-here-including-performance-pack-and-new-tuning-site/

overview/catchall of stuff for Live 12 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mcbpete said:

I was thinking Yek meant installing the 12 (release) installer over the 11 (release) version (the address for which 'got out' yesterday evening, before it was officially available in the accounts page just now)

I did mean installing 12 over 11. 

I guess we’ll have to install to a different path on c drive or the same as 11? Sorry for being a noob.  

Maybe I’ll just uninstall 11 first 

50 minutes ago, YEK said:

I did mean installing 12 over 11. 

I guess we’ll have to install to a different path on c drive or the same as 11? Sorry for being a noob.  

they have different names so should install side by side. 

Live 11

Live 12

both installed on my system (apple)

i wouldn't uninstall 11 before installing 12. the new install will look for preferences and folders etc so if you delete 11 you might have to reconfigure your preferences and folders etc.. 

edit: btw.. the live 12 midi tools from 3rd parties are showing up. he as 12. one of them is free, the others are $7 each or there's a bundle for $45 or something. .but in the video description there's a discount code for 20% off. here it is:

T6FPVW0

and link to his gum road (also in case it's not obvious these all require max for live)

https://philipmeyer.gumroad.com

also these from manifest audio

Edited by ignatius
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, YEK said:

By default A11 will be in C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite

and A12 in C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 12 Suite

I'd maybe install 12 first then remove 11 later in case it loses your preferences

edit: @ignatius beat me to it !

edit2: Loading up Ableton just now and I've 26 more packs to update, looks like they were busy today 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope I can download all that stuff. I borrow the connection from the guys upstairs and don’t always have the best of luck with it. 

I noticed that despite Robert Henke's documentation stating that Granulator III has a fixed 12-voice polyphony, it's actually currently limited to 8.

I emailed him asking about it, and within 10 mins he responded saying that's deffo a bug and they'll get it sorted. Nice one, Bobbo

Not a fan of how velocity works in the midi keyboard drawing thing now. Is this since 12? Can I change it back? Pls

On 1/11/2024 at 12:12 PM, ignatius said:

Yeah this is insane. Can't believe some people on reddit were whining about it being an underwhelming update, this is easily the biggest update in like a decade.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2024 at 8:38 AM, oscillik said:

I noticed that despite Robert Henke's documentation stating that Granulator III has a fixed 12-voice polyphony, it's actually currently limited to 8.

I emailed him asking about it, and within 10 mins he responded saying that's deffo a bug and they'll get it sorted. Nice one, Bobbo

Looks like the update has now been rolled out :ok:

6 hours ago, oscillik said:

I received an update yesterday I think, but mine is still showing 8 voice polyphony. Is yours showing 12?

Dang, no you're absolutely correct - Still says 'Voices 0/8' and maxes out at 8/8....

On 2/21/2024 at 8:26 AM, auxien said:

will probably be turning off auto-update before 12 drops tho, just so i can wait until any final release day bugs are sorted in those first few weeks. in the past they’ve had problems shipping a major updates with issues/bugs/incomplete implementation.

i went ahead and downloaded & installed it, read some good and some bad on the Ableton forum...seems to be solid for me on my Macbook Pro w/ M1 Pro. haven't tested it to any wild extents but i pushed it with my normal jamming and it's working well. only played a little with Meld and some alt tunings so far really.

So I just noticed that Robert Henke's docs have been updated to now state that Granulator III only has a fixed 8-voice polyphony, despite it previously saying 12-voice.

And the current screenshots still show 12-voice.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, oscillik said:

So I just noticed that Robert Henke's docs have been updated to now state that Granulator III only has a fixed 8-voice polyphony, despite it previously saying 12-voice.

And the current screenshots still show 12-voice.

spacer.png

it's a bug. they're fixing it. read somewhere on line that robert himself answered the support ticket.