IGNORED

Floating Points - Cascade [LP]

New album by Mr. Shepherd releasing September 13th.

Pre-order: 

https://floatingpoints.bandcamp.com/album/cascade

Singles:

Cascade:

01 Vocoder (Club Mix)

02 Key103

03 Birth4000

04 Del Oro

05 Fast Forward

06 Ocotillo

07 Afflecks Palace

08 Tilt Shift

09 Ablaze

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

He's very good although, the more dance-friendly direction is not for me. I imagine watmm-ers are also more likely to need an idm soundtrack for cruising the web or working with javascript... i can't dance bro.

Edited by gnarlybog
  • Burger 1

He's hit and miss for me. But can be ace. I haven't heard these singles so happy to play them tomorrow. 

14 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Track 3 sounds similar to the bassline from “I Feel Love”

I think everyone has to do a spin on the Moroder-Go-Round? It's nearly lawful at this point. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

All the singles are awesome. I am not a fan of the release schedule though. I don't like it when artists release singles that'll be on the album months or even years before the album releases. Four tet did it as well with Three Drums. Birth4000, although awesome, released last year, why put it on the album then? Same goes for Vocoder. i hope the club mix sounds way different than the original but if not than that would mean that we've heard 4 of the 9 tracks before. I don't like that.

Anyway, all bangers

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

I learned my lesson with this on Bandcamp. I used to get excited to snap up the one-off tracks of my favorite artists until I realized that it's nearly always a runup to an album. I respect the hustle of getting the most money you can off of your work but I just wait and don't even listen until, lo, the album is here 😅

An exception to this is Machinedrum and the slew of remixes and singles he released around "Human Energy". When combined, they make an awesome companion album.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2024 at 3:17 PM, species8472 said:

ninja tune release strategy is terrible

Ikr. Just announce the album 1.5 mo before release max and put out 2 singles. We've got half the album before it comes out now. I don't like it. The singles ARE nice though 

Yeah, the release strategy is a bummer but I think it's becoming more and more common, since we have the attention span of flies today, and an album is likely forgotten a week after it's release. It really does kill that first listen though, when you've already had half of the album on repeat...

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it leaked. How does a 24 bit FLAC leak in 2024? And anyone wanna drop me a PM with a link? I pre-ordered it, but this is FOMO I guess.