IGNORED

Actress - LXXXVIII (New album)

thumbass

Think I might have preferred it to the 1st NTS sesh! So good

Though can't find it in the archive to relisten...hope it finds its way there as really want to play it more! (If I'm just being daft & someone has the link please post it!) 

Another t-shirt collaboration with Brain Dead released today to coincide with the album launch: https://wearebraindead.com/products/actress-x-brain-dead-v-lxxxviii-t-shirt-black?variant=43394527297667

No hints of any music dropping with it like the last one, but maybe Unseen_Werk No 2 on the way?

image.thumb.jpeg.9bb86a148d9f580282d7ab73f2f87ba4.jpeg

14 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Have to say that my initial interest in this faded pretty quick. Game Over and the track that sounds (to me) like Chink 101 are fine. If stoned this probs work better.  Actress I've always found a bit dull to be honest and can't hear the magic that others hear.

Me too. Not going to say it's bad music but it doesn't do a lot for me. Just not enough happening to hold my interest.

I put Actress In the same folder as Andy Stott and Lorn. 

It is electronic bass music pure and simple.. Nothing ground breaking but pretty nice to play on a dark lonely night. 

• Like 1

Can see where your coming from...but for me at least his music hits a trippy dreamlike weirdness that I just don't get from anyone else.

I totally think he has his own sound & is one of my fav music makers right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, species8472 said:

i pulled the nts streams with a soundcloud plus account - so they are decent quality m4a 256 if anybody interested

i am Pretty Much interested in that pls 

6 hours ago, species8472 said:

i pulled the nts streams with a soundcloud plus account - so they are decent quality m4a 256 if anybody interested

ah yes Please May i express my interest

8 hours ago, species8472 said:

Please and thank you!

11 hours ago, species8472 said:

Please accept this thine burger as My tokin' of goodwill smiff spdiff 🍔

I liked Karma. But this one hasn’t caught my interest yet. The production is brilliant. But musically.. there’s just not enough to my ears. Most of the time I catch myself thinking: “ yeah nice, but where are you going with this?” And then the track seems to go nowhere in particular. So it becomes a collection of beautifully crafted ideas that go nowhere. These are first impressions. It will take an effort to get to the point where i will “get it”. I’m not feeling what you are feeling… 😞

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I liked Karma. But this one hasn’t caught my interest yet. The production is brilliant. But musically.. there’s just not enough to my ears. Most of the time I catch myself thinking: “ yeah nice, but where are you going with this?” And then the track seems to go nowhere in particular. So it becomes a collection of beautifully crafted ideas that go nowhere. These are first impressions. It will take an effort to get to the point where i will “get it”. I’m not feeling what you are feeling… 😞

Agree with that part of "where are you going with this?"

Example:

Track 9. Green Blue Amnesia Magic Haze ( D 7 ) It is very bassy and chill but it stops like 4.25-4.30 then starts again this time with just a tiny bit more going on.. 
Then it just stops right away at 6.25 like okey? 

I think it would be much better to just end the track at 4.25, or add more stuff going on maybe a beat? and let it fade in with the first part smoothly.. Not just stop it like that!

I don't know but just what Im thinking.. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Studio 9294

He played for roughly 1 hour and 30 mins. There was a very intense acid inflected section around the halfway mark, didn't recognise it. (as of writing this) sounded like the section from today's NTS show circa 13:50. 

Not the best venue, but whatever, he was awesome. 

On 10/17/2023 at 3:38 AM, auxien said:

man where does he get all the lovely noise. does he have a farm where he grows it?

everything gets these baths of washes or little sprinkles of noise and it's always so sweet and dark and dusty. little pops, tiny miniatures of crackling breaking up the soft bits...really quite lovely.

Hearing him perform live and loud really drove home the hiss and noise, it was wicked. 

Loveless:

IMG_1026.MOV

Lost:

IMG_1037.MOV

Edited by Scaramouche