IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest ryanmcallister

it's a parker fly deluxe. had it about 10 years or so now. my favourite guitar to play by far. nothing comes close.

behind the speaker are some auralex bass traps. the room is fairly small, but hasn't given me too much trouble acoustically, actually. i added that just to tighten things up a bit more now that i've upgraded my monitoring system with a sub, etc. also have some diffusers and a bit more absorption that's not in the shot.

not sure what you're asking about the wide body kit on the maschine... it's the standard shell, just repainted. one of the benefits of working for NI, i snag the odd hardware return to customise stuff. =)

just back from ikea with more new shelving to clean the joint up a bit more.

just looks fucked in the picture is all. :)

you got any music to go with that kit? I'd love to hear what you do with it all. :whistling:

i'm so lazy - i should do more editing but here's my soundclouds.......

http://soundcloud.com/little-blackie

http://soundcloud.com/kxta

fookin killer tunes lil blackie!

great job

indeed! great stuff.

who are you? what are you doing in daddy's studio? go back to your microkorg

lol. i think i love you now.

but yea.. awesome machines you have there, Kx.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

p1010103n.jpg

i just mackied myself.

we had this unit at work and i wanted to steal it. i ended up just stealing some soundproofing.

You wouldn't happen to live in the Kansas City area, would you? I got mine for $600 and it came with the stand. I was using the stand up until a few months ago when I had to rearrange to accommodate all of my gear.

I have the first 11 channels dedicated to the main outs of the synths, 2 channels dedicated to the Quadraverb, and 11 channels hooked up to the patchbay. The patchbay has all the individual outs from the drum machines and sampler, plus the MO-FX, so I can patch those in on an as-needed basis. I love the Mackie, other than the fact that I sometimes run out of channels. I was going to upgrade to a 32-8, but I'm going to wait to get something like a 48ch Soundtracs of some sort. If I'm going to upgrade, then I might as well get a better sound/more flexibility along with more channels.

indeed, reminds me of an oberheim matrix 6R I used to own, but I doubt they're similar. Never heard about this one.

wtf is a "Unique DBE"

Its the American marketed version of the Crumar Bit01 . Its apparently pretty rare, but I didn't know that when I got it. I got that, the TX16W, and an Alesis 3630 thats not in the picture for $55. The guy also threw in a few MIDI cables for taking the stuff off his hands. He also sold me the R8mkII for $30 a few years prior.

Diao, that is one of the sickest early-90s studios I have seen in a while. Makes me wanna bust out the ST.

Cheers! I haven't posted much music on here (if any at all) since I started moving from software to hardware some years ago. My soundcard has taken a shit, and I record most of my music to tape (cassette tape, :whistling: ), so all I have left to get tunes onto my computer is a shitty built in card on my motherboard.