IGNORED

would you cry if rdj died?

Fred McGriff

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Calx Sherbet

and think of all that unreleased music he's got. what would happen to all that?

Guest epsy

i was really shocked when phil hartman died due to the circumstances. Yea, i'd be seriously bummed if tom jenkinson kicked the can.

Guest NitrousMcBread

I would approach Richard's death in the manner I feel he would have wanted: I'd eat some of my bogies with a Pot Noodle and then wank off to a Brazilian scat movie.

i'd laugh if that fucker died, he hates his fans and wont release music.

He doesn't hate his fans... he just despises them

I would have used to say he hates his fans until I meet him briefly, very friendly and not acting "above" anyone else. I would be even more upset now if he died after having met him, he is really laid back and easy going. I can look up that style of life with a lot of respect. He has an "I don't care" attitude, but that his how he developed his image all these years; the image that he is just doing his own thing, and not necessarily for anyone else. That sets the mindset that it's about the music, and not anything else which is how it should be.

...I Care Because You Do

Guest Calx Sherbet

he'll be reincarnated as a synthasized wavelength pattern, where his face can be seen through spectral analysis. And he will be able to produce music better than ever and become part of his electronic equipment

i'd laugh if that fucker died, he hates his fans and wont release music.

He doesn't hate his fans... he just despises them

"This next one's called 'Me fans are stupid pigs'"

i would definitely feel the pain and i might cry, but the older i get the more difficult i find it to cry even if i want to or need to. it used to be easier, and i always felt better afterward.

i'd probably be pretty tore up if Peter Gabriel went down as well. probably my very first solid musical influence at the age of 13/14.

One of would feel especially bad about was if Tom Middleton died. He was only ever completely humble, gracious and generous to me, the times that i met him. probably the sweetest guy in electronic music really, and he gets little credit anymore because he likes some more of the mainstream stuff as well as the good shit.

eh, I think that's the hash. RDJ cares a lot more than he lets on. There is a level of "image shaping" he does. Don't believe the hype.

i have to go along w/ this as well. there was an interview in this months Future Music mag w/ Vibert that told a really interesting story.

Luke was saying something like it was really easy to do any kind of style he wanted because he has so many names and wasn't so attached to any one of them as Richard is to Aphex or Tom was to Squarepusher. He said he'd heard both of them on separate occasions, refer to Aphex and Squarepusher as though they were something separate from themselves...as though there was a certain something that either of these characters would do. they would say, what do you think Aphex should do here or what do you think Squarepusher would do there? And Luke would just say "What do you mean? That's just you. What do you want to do?"

but i too can see how they would think of those alias' as something other than themselves, because they really are just characters after all. Aphex Twin isn't just Richard D. James...Aphex Twin is an event. Aphex Twin is just this thing that happened that really takes on a life of its own, w/ Richard in tow sometimes.

Guest hahathhat

Aphex Twin is a level 12 half-elf chaotic neutral bard

Squarepusher is an iron golem

Archived