IGNORED

would you cry if rdj died?

Fred McGriff

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, i wouldnt be sad.

strangely, i remember being really sad when freddie mercury died. i was only in my young teens and had no real clue about him being gay or what aids really was. i just remember being quite affected by all the news and press coverage of his death and thinking, no more Queen records...

what a strange time in my life.

(i don't consider myself a Queen fan by the way)

Guest grinningcat
I started writing a long response, then realised i was hypothosizing about a mans death. no one needs that

should probably post it in the Dead Pool thread

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=17514

hahah yeah thats true, but i dont care about any of the 'celebs' named in that thread. Thus I dont mind about speculating on their death, however if I imagine rdj or one of his friends was to read a thread about his death they might get a bit annoyed... i would, if people i didnt know were talking about my death

death is scary

Phil Hartman i think was the last celebrity death that bothered me.

yes, that was terrible.

according to wiki he designed the cover to steely dan's aja

fucking hell, multi-talented guy

I bet he'd have more of a career posthumously than when he was alive, assuming his widow allowed all his unreleased music to be put out. Get Mike P to go through it all and sort it out.

Guest Morgan Dunn

id be so damn sad. id probably end up listening to a song i loved and crying though. not ashamed to admit it. that would be so fuckin sad. His music means so so much to me, it brings out so much emotion in me, and if i outlive him, it will be a sad day when he dies.

Guest Renivatio

I agree with pretty much everyone here. I'd be really sad 'cause it was Aphex after all who brought me into this world of electronic music. Hmm....it would suck indeed.

Guest aphelion

i'd be pretty sad......unless..........he gave someone access to his laptop (in his will) and released

all that music he's been holding back from his loyal fans.....cock :whistling:

Guest analogue wings
what if he's one of the lucky ones that gets to be a ghost

do you think he'd be as good or just do epic drones?

Ghost RDJ would make songs that lasted 15 years each, and you had to record them and speed them up 6000x to hear the melodies

Guest Adjective

what if he dies many decades from now when time travel is possible and his ghost decides to try to visit himself in the year 1999. and when he emerges from the wormhole he's merged with the bits of what data '99 Richard was recording and he gets frozen forever in a 3 track EP.

poor rich

it would indeed be a sad day

but i seriously doubt that any celebrity death will affect me enough to make me cry

i don't think it is possible that any celebrity death would affect me even 5% as much as the passing of john peel

i was genuinely gutted and still miss him every day / week

Peel is very sadly missed.

Now there's no reason to turn the radio on.

Yes it was upsetting, and yes i cried listening to all the orbituary stuff, there really was nobody like him.

He should have been cryogenically frozen on his deathbed until we have the technology to revive him. I'm sure he'd enjoy what weird and wonderful sounds are being made in the far future.

Afx however, i don't really know. quite likely.

In reply to the macho men further back in this thread, crying is for HUMANS!

You're like the people who make up the market of Coke zero cause you don't like the nancy boy undertones of the word 'diet'

Bitches

• 1 year later...
Guest Calx Sherbet

it would be hard to listen to his music after that. you'd think about his death everytime you heard it. which of his songs would play at his funeral?

Guest Idrn

i reckon when hes feeling sad, he lies in bed with a curley wurley, glass of milk and laptop and just reads through this thread. its like a sprinkle of sunshine in his day, a digital hug of goodwill from the internet. puts a skip in his step and a smile on his face.

so richard, next time you read this, send a email to joyrex you silly billy. falling out over drukqs? really would be a shame if you two never made up. imagine if one of you died tomorrow! you dont have to apologise to him, just give him a shout, spread the sunshine.

friends%20(forever).jpg

Archived