IGNORED

would you cry if rdj died?

Fred McGriff

i've never had one of my huge music influences kick the bucket yet. i wonder what it wouldve been like to be a huge nirvana fan when cobain killed himself. i was fully expecting trent reznor to be gone by now but he has found sobriety, muscles, and power shakes.

man if rdj kicked the bucket today i think i'd be pretty fucking messed up about it. no more new aphex twin - ever. i think i might cry. i dont think i would shrug it off. and it wouldnt be for purely selfish reasons. i think there's an undeniable connection to someone on some level when you've been listening to their music for over a decade. supposing his entire library of unreleased tunes was to be released post-mortem, i still would much rather have the man around driving tanks and whatnot. so it's not all about the possibility of new aphex tunage to consume.

who else? i think if beck died i would feel pretty bad, mostly because his meat body would get launched to the moon to be with L ron hubbard or something like that. i think beck's got a ways to go though, he seems pretty sound.

anyway i still think trent reznor's going to be the first to go out of my primary influences.

thoughts?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if RDJ really did die, I would be very surprised and a little sad. I don't think I'd actually cry, but I would be depressed about the lack of new music etc and I'd probably be talking about it for weeks.

one day I was listening to an electronic music station online and they played Aphex over and over - I wondered to myself did Aphex die?

To answer the question - I don't think I'd cry.

were you?? fuck steve irwin - he'd had it coming for years.....

he was passionate about what he did. i'm drawn to that

he wasn't. secretly he hated crocodiles.

if RDJ died today maybe a tiny bit of me would be sad

but the rest of me would be seeing pound signs cos the vinyl's i have would start to rise in value.

so i could sell the vinyl's and head off to mosca's house cos no doubt he would be having a huge celebration party.

the realization that the end of the jamesian music system would be a bummer, but in no way would i be reduced to tears over it. that sort of thing strictly goes for selfish depression and/or pussy-related-endeavors, sorry dick.

man if rdj kicked the bucket today i think i'd be pretty fucking messed up about it. no more new aphex twin - ever. i think i might cry. i dont think i would shrug it off. and it wouldnt be for purely selfish reasons. i think there's an undeniable connection to someone on some level when you've been listening to their music for over a decade. supposing his entire library of unreleased tunes was to be released post-mortem, i still would much rather have the man around driving tanks and whatnot. so it's not all about the possibility of new aphex tunage to consume?

i think you are totally right. yeah i'd probably be really sad.

i think the most upset i got when a celebrity died was probably steve irwin

agreed

i dont think i would cry though, i never cry, but inside i would

Archived