IGNORED

Help, wtf is Smojphace

Guest Rook

My local record store has a mailorder site. I never bothered searching aphex twin because i just assumed I had it all already. I search Aphex Twin today just cause, and I find a cd entitled smojphace. I always just thought Smojphace was an old RDJ DJ alias that hadnt been used in a while. Is Smojphace and actual cd?? If so, is it any good. (I would never trust my local record store because they suck it.)

well... for the one track, it was cool around the time i first got it years ago... hasn't set well with me lately... the other 2 tracks is just noise... don't like them at all!

Guest Caustic
well... for the one track, it was cool around the time i first got it years ago... hasn't set well with me lately... the other 2 tracks is just noise... don't like them at all!

Not even good noise. (Yeah,good. I says it.)

Tell 'em Merzbow.

4osecn7.jpg

Seriously,you try find me an audio interview of him. I dare you to.

Whoa, imagine my crappy local record store that claims to be indie be in all actuality has at any given time ten paris hilton albums on display having access to Smojphace. I guess I will get it then.

Guest Dirty Protest

Smojphace is great, it makes you feel calm, uneasy then happy in the space of seconds,but then that might just be the weed. Just dont be expecting any tunes.

Guest Kenneth172
My local record store has a mailorder site. I never bothered searching aphex twin because i just assumed I had it all already. I search Aphex Twin today just cause, and I find a cd entitled smojphace. I always just thought Smojphace was an old RDJ DJ alias that hadnt been used in a while. Is Smojphace and actual cd?? If so, is it any good. (I would never trust my local record store because they suck it.)

Jazzbands at dawn.................. He'll be saying he's never heard SAW 85-92 next.

Smojphace EP is interesting and surprising, especially for the last two tracks. It's absolutely necessary to have this cd, these two tracks in question have a new texture on that which is called the noise... Richard has renovated and revolutionized but he was very badly understood...

Guest Kenneth172

The other two tracks: KTPA1 and KTPA2 are surely not just noise? I'd be inclined to think the audio can be analysed or decoded in some way similar to the encoding on Windowlicker. Has anyone tried this or discovered anything at all? These two noise tracks are otherwise entirely unlistenable as 'music' and make this a poor release saved by the Run The Place Red remix which is one of my fave Aphex remixes.

Aside to the above, on Analord 06, according to Discogs it states that Analoggins was written by Smojphace and Captain Voafose. Anyone know of any other references to Smojphace on any other releases?

oh?

it's not Bonus High Frequency Sounds from 2 Remixes By AFX? &windowlicker track it's just at the end of this track, or it's the Strange Formula which was encoded also! ;-)

I think your babelfish has died. There is more grammatical ambiguity in that there post than a cheaply translated Japanese RPG.

p.s. I know English isn't your native language and I don't want to come across as a dick, it's just that the post really doesn't make any sense at the moment.

Jazzbands at dawn.................. He'll be saying he's never heard SAW 85-92 next.

get out of my thread chode licker.

Guest Kenneth172

get out of my thread chode licker.

PRICK

lol, true, but it's funny to read :D he's a good guy.

yeah, he is a good guy (unlike some of the other fuckers on here)

The releasse being referred to Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin is:

http://www.discogs.com/release/154004

You must have know that!

2 Mixes, and Smojphace are both great.

Replying to caustic: i don't see how merzbow's noise is better than aphex man's. Aphex man's noise got my attention, merzbow's makes my ears hurt and fall asleep (minus merzbeat; one of my favorite albums ever).

Smojphace EP is interesting and surprising, especially for the last two tracks. It's absolutely necessary to have this cd, these two tracks in question have a new texture on that which is called the noise... Richard has renovated and revolutionized but he was very badly understood...

i completely agree. GO AST! MY FRENCHY AFX COSMONAUT!

• 2 weeks later...

It's one of his least interesting releases.

A pretty hardcore ragga remix is the headliner, followed by two tracks of squelching, hi-frequency noise.

Yawn.

is this a joke or wat

Archived