IGNORED

confield art

Guest Audiophile

11 hours ago, Draft78 said:

it is to be understood below in the harmless spectrum of irony "he gets worked up about new members".

act like a cunt as much as you want but do not misquote me. there is no hidden irony to what i said - this user, and many others treat new users like shit and WATMM has been slowly sinking into shit for years because this happens every time someone new comes in.

i was being sincere, don't fucking drag me into your shit festival.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dragon said:

act like a cunt as much as you want but do not misquote me. there is no hidden irony to what i said - this user, and many others treat new users like shit and WATMM has been slowly sinking into shit for years because this happens every time someone new comes in.

Well, since I joined this is the first time I've been covered in shit lol

13 hours ago, Dragon said:

is that like a sex festival?

u ok hun?

44 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

is that like a sex festival?

u ok hun?

Dragon knows that between Friday and Saturday, I usually set up coprophile parties. Sadly he refuses to bathe in my tub with commendable obstinacy

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

Dragon knows that between Friday and Saturday, I usually set up coprophile parties. Sadly he refuses to bathe in my tub with commendable obstinacy

fuckin sign me up

image.png.269dfe609dbe4b11dd6dc771db79a9ab.png

• Burger 1

4 hours ago, KovalainenFanBoy said:

drag you in as in calling your workplace asking for new BoC?

yeah, so: in 2011 i was being abused by members on this site and Joyrex made a public post basically saying he wasn't going to do anything. so i phoned his workplace using the shipping details on "WATMM Vol 1" which he used to send to people for donating money to the site (i donated twice) and the phonecall lasted about 15 seconds - Joyrex suddenly started responding to DMs again.

i joined watmm in 2006 and i've always received abuse from users for all kinds of reasons. after the situation that led to the phonecall, i was very strongly warned not to report users or complain about users - obviously it got way worse after that, and since i was told not to do anything i just stopped posting for about a year.

i have no idea what Joyrex's position is, because on the one hand he says he cares (he started a thread about the new user who asked to have their account closed when they saw the abuse against people with autism that goes on here) but on the other hand, he allows every decent thread in the subforums to go to shit - how many times have the exact users in this thread come into an Ae thread just to attack users - especially new users?

now that i'm in the thread it's all directed towards me - fair enough, i know you guys. but how many more new users are going to come in and just leave, just because this place is so toxic?

• Farnsworth 1

21 minutes ago, Dragon said:

yeah, so: in 2011 i was being abused by members on this site and Joyrex made a public post basically saying he wasn't going to do anything. so i phoned his workplace using the shipping details on "WATMM Vol 1" which he used to send to people for donating money to the site (i donated twice) and the phonecall lasted about 15 seconds - Joyrex suddenly started responding to DMs again.

i joined watmm in 2006 and i've always received abuse from users for all kinds of reasons. after the situation that led to the phonecall, i was very strongly warned not to report users or complain about users - obviously it got way worse after that, and since i was told not to do anything i just stopped posting for about a year.

i have no idea what Joyrex's position is, because on the one hand he says he cares (he started a thread about the new user who asked to have their account closed when they saw the abuse against people with autism that goes on here) but on the other hand, he allows every decent thread in the subforums to go to shit - how many times have the exact users in this thread come into an Ae thread just to attack users - especially new users?

now that i'm in the thread it's all directed towards me - fair enough, i know you guys. but how many more new users are going to come in and just leave, just because this place is so toxic?

As I wrote, I've never had any problems since I've been in the forum. A few sharp jokes maybe, but I'm an adult, and the term "abuse" is designated for another category of things. The paradox lies in the fact that the only violent aggression, completely gratuitous, dripping shit and self-indulgence was yours, and for an absolutely conciliatory post. But already answering this, I feel I am fueling a fire that will only burn my balls: I already have so many daily burns to my balls, I don't see why I should come to a music forum to make new ones, so, as far as I'm concerned, the the question of the bathtubs shitter is closed. I'm not having a scat party until next week.

49 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

As I wrote, I've never had any problems since I've been in the forum. A few sharp jokes maybe, but I'm an adult, and the term "abuse" is designated for another category of things. The paradox lies in the fact that the only violent aggression, completely gratuitous, dripping shit and self-indulgence was yours, and for an absolutely conciliatory post. But already answering this, I feel I am fueling a fire that will only burn my balls: I already have so many daily burns to my balls, I don't see why I should come to a music forum to make new ones, so, as far as I'm concerned, the the question of the bathtubs shitter is closed. I'm not having a scat party until next week.

you misquoted what i said, so i had to clarify what i said.

49 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

I already have so many daily burns to my balls, I don't see why I should come to a music forum to make new ones

really? you don't say?

I love everything with Confield! Why? It is weird.

If someone said to me: "Hey can you play some weird shit from Autechre" I would def take out Confield. 
The artwork is off and the tracks are cold and noisy shred metallic like percussions and streched bell sounds. 
I just fucking love it! 

I remember people here were getting confused over "Osla for n" and it got some critisism but Autechre defended it and said like "it is like a word you don't understand in a sentence" or something like that.. 

Confield is that release in both soundwise and the artwork.

10/10

:music:

• Like 6

This thread has made me relisten to Confield for the first time in quite awhile, I think even more than a year and some parts are hitting like it's the first time.

• Like 4

One thing that's really grabbing me is the ways the different sonic elements are occupying different parts of the stereo field, just incredible, but also very subtle panning. I love blasting Autechre but they've always been a "headphone" act for me. Also this album has some serious cohesion going on in percussion, in rhythms, in patches, and how they're combined. Don't get me wrong, I love all of their albums, many are eclectic but well assembled, some use some of the same soudns but they don't always feel like they occupy entirely the same territory throughout the way Confield does. Just over a month and three weeks until this excursion into 'chrespace turns twenty! (Got Gantz Graf cued to play immediately afterwards)

• Like 4

On 3/7/2021 at 11:03 AM, Dragon said:

My responses to the bolded portions:

• I didn't "suddenly start responding to PMs again - you may have realized that I am not on here 24/7, nor do I have the time or bandwidth to reply to every PM. @mentions with the new forum help me keep up, but most likely if I didn't reply, it was because I hadn't the time to do so in a timely manner.
  • Please show me where you were told, by anyone moderating this forum not to report or complain about users where it was justified. Please note the italics, as that is an important distinction, since like the PM you sent me about this thread falls into this category (more on that in a bit)
  • My "position" is what it always has been - I would like everyone here to be treated with a modicum of mutual respect, and I fully acknowledge that what some find harmless ribbing or banter, others find offensive. it's the internet, and as I mentioned I am not on here 24/7 to play polite police nor do I think I should have to. I don't "allow" threads to go to shit - again, I am not omnipresent, so I cannot monitor everything and everyone at all times. Plus, some threads will invariably go that route due to differing personalities here - and as long as it doesn't get out of hand and ventures into real abuse or threats, I don't think being heavy-handed about it will solve anything.
  • RE: Why are you in this thread, and who elected you defender of new members? I think the discussion was being handled fine until you came in and made it worse in my opinion.
  • Not that it is anyone's business, but it has been some time since someone asked me to delete their account because they felt things were too toxic here or suffered any abusiveness.
  • Lastly -  I think you have some issues, and if this place is too toxic for you, perhaps you should consider leaving or taking a break for a bit and re-examine why you feel this way.
  • Thanks 2

there are not enough facepalms in the world...

you're making it look like i DM'd you asking to start banning people or something. i thought you just going to reply and generally tell me what you thought.

my message looked like this:

Spoiler

hi Joyrex. i don't know if you noticed the discussion in this thread in the Ae forum (around page 2 then 3).

what is your opinion on this issue, in general? do you think about it much? i'm not making any requests here, just wondered what your opinion is.

i thought this thread had actually settled down now - but you've come here to publicly drag everything out again. the general culture of watmm states that if you try talking to Joyrex it means you're a grass, a crybaby, a retard, whatever. so thanks for that Joyrex, now i look like shit for trying to have a conversation with you.

do you know what these people think of you? do you actually realize what the atmosphere is like on this forum, which you claim as your own?

and just to clear up some 2012 stuff since your asking:

Please show me where you were told, by anyone moderating this forum not to report or complain about users where it was justified

i completely stopped reporting and complaining about people because you publicly shamed me for attempting to do those things. idk if you have the threads, DMs etc. archived but it was obvious that you'd do the same thing - or worse - if i complained about anything. other users on the forum noticed this - they recognized that i was too intimidated to communicate with the mods (no thanks to the very public way in which you handled things) and there was a significant spike in bullying etc after this. (an example: entering CHATMM and at least five users blocking me out and giving abuse if i tried to join in any kind of conversation. i did not report this.) i felt unsafe about talking to you, so what did you expect? unless you think i'm just lying about not posting for a year and not reporting anyone for eight years?

i'm very much on the fence about whether to DM this to you, or to just put it here. frankly i don't give a fuck.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1