IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Can u translate the part about the 2 bonus tracks? All I see in the same tracklist of 20 that we've laughed and cried about here for the last couple of weeks.

sean booth is kind of cute...

I'd hit it

hmmmm... i'm thinking 3rd last track (chenc9) featured or is based on material from Untilted set around the 38-39min mark.
which untilted set though?

The 38-39 minute mark in the hemsby set is one of my fav parts of the untilted set. Good news.

Yes indeed! The part starting at approx 37 minutes with the rapid and high pitched sounds followed by the immense deep bassline at 38:28 is a killer!

Is it this 38-39 min mark in the Hemsby, Pontin's Holidy Park set you were refering to ~ism? I sure hope so!

Edited by Fredd-E

I am seeing the very last concert of their tour. Yo man I can't wait. And I'll tip the sound man to see if he will hook me up with a soundboard.

And yo is there anyway we can get the Jap edition?

Edited by Rook

i'm in japan, and i'll either be ordering quaristice from hmv or buying it from the local record store. dunno how to get the japanese edition outside japan, but there are probably some places specializing in imports. i'd be happy to upload wave files of the bonus tracks for anyone interested.

i'm in japan, and i'll either be ordering quaristice from hmv or buying it from the local record store. dunno how to get the japanese edition outside japan, but there are probably some places specializing in imports. i'd be happy to upload wave files of the bonus tracks for anyone interested.

Yea I'd be interested in that.

Guest texan whip

why do the japanese always get treated to extra tracks with autechre? it's sooo unfair!! :cry:

why do the japanese always get treated to extra tracks with autechre? it's sooo unfair!! :cry:

it's not just autechre, nearly every album that's licenced from a foreign label has a bonus track. i think it's to make it seem worth the price maybe. anyway, it's ok by me.

the only difference i can se in the cover design is the absence of the white square with the barcode. but that's a good thing imho.
I guess the original won't have the barcode either. At least I'm hoping.

How come the promos haven't leak yet.... This is the same for Clark's new LP... And it was the same with Burial's Untrue... It seems like internet is is more leakproof than before...

(Don't start the debate about "how come people want it to leak 2 months in advance and stuff, I love music, and especially autechre's, and I support the artist I like by buying there music on vinyl and on bleep, and going to there concerts... It's just that I'm impatient for great music to come out, and I like to draw listening to great new stuff...)

So, where are they ? (For the Clark LP, I guess I just have to wait one more week and look in my mailbox)

Guest dangulberry

Ok, I managed to nab a copy from a journo, so here are my initial impressions, in no particular order, and with as little evaluation as possible. It always takes me a few weeks before I can make those evaluations.

In general, Quaristice has more low end than the last few albums. Nicely 'booming' at times. It's also very warm sounding - esp. in comparison to Untilted.

It sounds a bit like late nineties AE - melodies, chords etc. But it is also a logical progression of their work; it sounds *genuine*.

You get the impression that there's a lot of jamming on the recordings, rather than painstakingly *composed*. That might be just me, though.

I also might be due to the fact that quite a few of their recent and not-so-recent live tracks for the basis for a few of these Album tracks. I can't be bothered giving track names, and it wouldn't do any good for those who haven't yet heard it anyway.

The album as a whole seems like AE are trying to record a significant moment in their musical career (i.e. the evolving live set of 2005-7) 'on tape'.

It also seems more effortless than untilted.

It's not as funky as untilted or draft - and not as much as I'd hoped! There are some excellent funky moments, but I wouldn't describe the album *in general* as 'quite dancefloor' - as I've read elsewhere in this thread.

The development of ideas is much quicker within individual tracks. Actually, sometimes they work mainly with one or two distinguishable structural 'parts', other times there are a lot of ideas in a much shorter timeframe than I would expect from AE. This I guess is a result of their playing live for the last couple of years.

There are hints of Detroit techno on there - Carl Craig-type chords and synth sounds. Nice and warm.

In many ways it's as risky as Confield, even. Yes, the rhythms are straighter, and all the tracks clearly organised by a human force. But this album has moments of real sparseness, with only a few sounds moving at any one point. It also has a few tracks which do not fall easily into the categories 'beaty tracks' and 'mellow, chordy ambient tracks'. At least two, I think - and they're quite mad.

There is a very live, reverby space to most of the beaty tracks - maybe that's why they sound less funky than Untilted. When this is combined with acidy sounds, I'm reminded of much early acid techno. Even comparatively mainstream things like FSOL's first album (Accelerator) and Polygon Window. However, the kinds of spaces that are created with these reverbs are unusual and compelling.

That's it for now. Hope the rest of you catch a break and hear it soon.

Guest dangulberry
How come the promos haven't leak yet.... This is the same for Clark's new LP... And it was the same with Burial's Untrue... It seems like internet is is more leakproof than before...

(Don't start the debate about "how come people want it to leak 2 months in advance and stuff, I love music, and especially autechre's, and I support the artist I like by buying there music on vinyl and on bleep, and going to there concerts... It's just that I'm impatient for great music to come out, and I like to draw listening to great new stuff...)

So, where are they ? (For the Clark LP, I guess I just have to wait one more week and look in my mailbox)

Digital watermarking - as far as I can tell - is really good, covering situations such as digital to analogue conversions (I really thought there would be an easy way around it). It's a solid system for the labels - journos are rightly anxious about being named as the cause of a leak).

Digital watermarking - as far as I can tell - is really good, covering situations such as digital to analogue conversions (I really thought there would be an easy way around it). It's a solid system for the labels - journos are rightly anxious about being named as the cause of a leak).

So you can't play your copy with a pc and then record the audio directly from the soundcard with software, without these watermarking being transferred onto the recorded file?

Someone should hack this damn system.