IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

I'm glad they tend to balance out the number of albums that have really minimal art and the number that don't. Having another nigh-blank one at this juncture doesn't seem like overkill to me.

I like the Tri Repetae art too.

I like the art of all their records, especially Garbage, Untilted and Draft 7:30. What dissapoints me sometimes is how little they put in their booklets. I'd like if they included more stuff that's thematically similar to the cover... and they only do sometimes. They have a habit of including pages of solid colors (Untilted). It can be dissapointing.

Guest burnibus

for the moaners who miss the old ae

"Autechre will release their new album 'Quaristice' on 3rd March 2008, featuring 20 tracks of pure temporal stimulation, as bleak and futuristic as you will have come to expect from the most uncompromising creative duo of our time, but peppered with wrenching emotive melodies reminiscent of Amber and Incunabula. The record is Rob Brown and Sean Booth's 9th album, and follows 2005's Untilted."

"Autechre will release their new album 'Quaristice' on 3rd March 2008, featuring 20 tracks of pure temporal stimulation, as bleak and futuristic as you will have come to expect from the most uncompromising creative duo of our time, but peppered with wrenching emotive melodies reminiscent of Amber and Incunabula. The record is Rob Brown and Sean Booth's 9th album, and follows 2005's Untilted."

From where?

Guest burnibus

i just made it up to satisfy all those that miss the old days Awwww :cry:

Or it on the littlebig website in the article about the new album and their upcoming tour

YOU DECIDE :ohmy:

Guest Enter a new display name

NOOOOOO!!! Incunabula and Amber were their worst albums, they should not make anything similar again!

NOOOOOO!!! Incunabula and Amber were their worst albums, they should not make anything similar again!

I agree. I prefer listening to these albums as some good musical sketches, whilst the real genius had yet to be conceived. I think they were necessary for Autechre, in order to find their direction. But let's hope they won't retun to old things, and get lazy like mr. James.

Edited by Quoth

sounds good. more danceable, melodic ae is what i'm hoping for. i really didn't like untilted, does my head in. same with confield and draft, but atleast they had a couple of good tracks.

Guest Enter a new display name
av-19.jpg "I have no idea who the cheeky lady in my avatar is"

Bollocks to that, that must be the third pic of her you've had up. Spill the beans.

That mysterious woman is naked on the whole pictures but mcbpete has never wanted to send them.

half way through so far. starts well, plyPhon is very nice, and currently on Tankakern which is also very dark and tasty. Some typical Ae nonsensical madness in between tho.

Holy shit, rale just came on and i shat myself. Some of this makes Pro Radii sound like kids TV music. All in all so far, very large expansive sound, lots of reverb on reverb, dark as fuck and any beats so far have been heavy and deep - no frittery nonsense here.

Hmmm.. rale is good indeed.