IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

I guess I just know the untilted set so well that I can tell. But yea you need to listen for like a minute until you can tell what it is.

what? what part of the untitled set im i supposed to be hearing? i dont hear shit honestly and i swear ive listened to 3 versions of the untilted set over 50 times total.

I guess I just know the untilted set so well that I can tell. But yea you need to listen for like a minute until you can tell what it is.

what? what part of the untitled set im i supposed to be hearing? i dont hear shit honestly and i swear ive listened to 3 versions of the untilted set over 50 times total.

The first clip was about minute 27-28 of the Hemsby set. the second clip was about 30-37 or so. And the last clip was like minute 39 of Hemsby.

I think.

~ism:

I have another question for you. We've heard Tankakem, Rale, and WNSN now. In terms of the rest of the songs on the album, how would you rate these? Granted the mix from The Wire is low bit rate, but these songs aren't THAT crazy. I mean, they're ok, but they're like "safe" and kind of minimalist and sort of forgettable. WNSN seems to be the only one of those 3 that comes closest to the crazy Autechre we've come to love.

Anyways, are all the songs on Quaristice like these, or are there any completely beat intense, elaborate, and content rich tracks?

I'm thinking 777, Pen Expers, Cap.IV, 6IE.CR, V-PROC, Ipacial Section, lera, and shit like that. Stuff that rages and when you hear it, it sounds unlike any songs on older albums (which was the downfall of Untilteduh IMHO.)

Edited by gl0tch

Could you please upload all this live sets you're talikg about ? I saw them live in paris for their untitled tour, and there really was some great tracks in that set... How's the quality ? thanks in advance....

Oh and yeah, Rale is really amazing....

~ism:

I have another question for you. We've heard Tankakem, Rale, and WNSN now. In terms of the rest of the songs on the album, how would you rate these? Granted the mix from The Wire is low bit rate, but these songs aren't THAT crazy. I mean, they're ok, but they're like "safe" and kind of minimalist and sort of forgettable. WNSN seems to be the only one of those 3 that comes closest to the crazy Autechre we've come to love.

Anyways, are all the songs on Quaristice like these, or are there any completely beat intense, elaborate, and content rich tracks?

I'm thinking 777, Pen Expers, Cap.IV, 6IE.CR, V-PROC, Ipacial Section, lera, and shit like that. Stuff that rages and when you hear it, it sounds unlike any songs on older albums (which was the downfall of Untilteduh IMHO.)

only heard twice, and through shite work pc setup - and then had the cd on in the car on way home (30min) taking in random selection of tracks (very loud through a decent harman/kardan in-car). yes, there is a wide (very wide) variety of track flavours. Rale and Tankakem are quite similar and I'd say there's only a couple other tracks in the same ball park on the album, there's a load of different stuff happening throughout including the sort of Confield/Gantz Graf/Untilted flavours that you raise as examples. Will get a mini-review up over weekend, but again - talking about Ae in words on internets is always a hilariously fruitless endeavour as one man's descriptive of a given Ae sonic attack, is rarely anything like another man's.

but hey, i'll give it a stab.

currently digging 90101-51-1 as a killer.

but then, liking a lot of this so far...

Could you please upload all this live sets you're talikg about ? I saw them live in paris for their untitled tour, and there really was some great tracks in that set... How's the quality ? thanks in advance....

Oh and yeah, Rale is really amazing....

Look at the blue bar on the top of the screen. Should say, We Are the Music Makers, Forum Rules, Arcade, Downloads. Click on downloads. Go to the Autechre section, and you can download any show you want there. The 2005-4-15 Glasgow is a soundboard and the 2007-3-25 Hemsby is like 9/10.

damn track 17 is incredible, for some reason when i heard them on another set of speakers they sounded like ass, i can hear it a lot more clearly now

obviously this album had a lot more work put into it than untilted, already after just listening to these 3 songs they have a lot more layers and depth and intricacies than Untilted. The minimalism seems to have been scaled back a little bit, but this stuff is still minimal as fuck.The sound design sounds a little bit higher qual this time around, less reliance on obvious FM Synthesis sounds

Edited by Ghostbusters III

it's Tankakern, I think the mistake on Wire's part comes from the font used on the accompanying promo press notes (3 pages of) which makes the 'r' and 'n' look joined together to form an 'm'.

it's Tankakern, I think the mistake on Wire's part comes from the font used on the accompanying promo press notes (3 pages of) which makes the 'r' and 'n' look joined together to form an 'm'.

im curious whats in those 3 pages of promo notes?

~ism, weren't you supposed to interview Autechre today?

i think his priorities are clearly fucked

-S. Booth

The first clip was about minute 27-28 of the Hemsby set. the second clip was about 30-37 or so. And the last clip was like minute 39 of Hemsby.

I think.

i think it sounds similar but its not the same sections. i think these are all new tracks from what im hearing.

just a load of potted history on the pair, pause-button taping in the 80's, matronix & arthur baker fans, etc various quotes from them over the years, the fact thom york dug confield, blah blah - usual press pish you put in press releases for dumbass journos who only have 5 minutes to work out what 'Awteckra' is.

i'll scan it if i get time.

oh, and the interview is next Thursday. I never said it was today.

and yeah - think there's just little layers, parts or elements recognisable from the Untilted set (I have Glasgow obviously) but nothing coherently isolated.

rock on.

just a load of potted history on the pair, pause-button taping in the 80's, matronix & arthur baker fans, etc various quotes from them over the years, the fact thom york dug confield, blah blah - usual press pish you put in press releases for dumbass journos who only have 5 minutes to work out what 'Awteckra' is.

i'll scan it if i get time.

oh, and the interview is next Thursday. I never said it was today.

and yeah - think there's just little layers, parts or elements recognisable from the Untilted set (I have Glasgow obviously) but nothing coherently isolated.

rock on.

you better be careful, someone (me) might assassinate you for Quaristice

tankakern is incredible. bassy as hell at any bitrate. can't wait to hear all the shit going on in the background.

WNSN reminds me of the focus group, a lot. wonder if they're fans?

i cannot wait for this album

WNSN reminds me alot of the beginning of the pontin's set:

excerpts

Are you talking about that strange looped melody over the stuttered bassy beat that they open with? >

If there is a tune similiar to that, i'll frickin spazz out....

Not to be lame, but I don't wanna listen to bits of it yet and want to wait for the full release...