IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Guest transfer
the funny thing is that if i didn't know those tracks were from them, i'd probably think it's shite!

if we all listened to music for music's sake we would probably all be stuck at Mozart.

the funny thing is that if i didn't know those tracks were from them, i'd probably think it's shite!

if we all listened to music for music's sake we would probably all be stuck at Mozart.

:orly:

Guest transfer

then what's the point in Brian's post.

to express his jadedness

to express his jadedness

i think you did not get me right: i LOVE those tracks, but the fact that i know it's from Autechre blah blah blah whatever.

fuck

quaristicecover.jpg

Guest transfer

to express his jadedness

I'd like to hear Brian's music.

Guest burnibus

i have heard more exciting autechre tracks but to be honest you really cant tell at such low bit rate.

One thing that amazes me about ae and what they have taught me is that their music doesnt try to do everything at once, its all about change over time. Is that making sense? mmmm, but yeah these tunes sound pretty minimal but i reckon get there and express themselves over time so will now not listen till i get the album.

Warp really are making a comeback this year mark my words, some superb albums due out throughout the year including clark, ae, jamie lidell and whatever other suprises they throw our way.

i have heard more exciting autechre tracks but to be honest you really cant tell at such low bit rate.

One thing that amazes me about ae and what they have taught me is that their music doesnt try to do everything at once, its all about change over time. Is that making sense? mmmm, but yeah these tunes sound pretty minimal but i reckon get there and express themselves over time so will now not listen till i get the album.

Warp really are making a comeback this year mark my words, some superb albums due out throughout the year including clark, ae, jamie lidell and whatever other suprises they throw our way.

HMM, has to be said - Warp making a comeback isn't something I'm feeling. Personally, not a fan of Clark, lidell or anyone else on the label these days, bar the Ae and BoC duos. Everything else is a bit wank. Math rock eh? Fuck off!

Guest burnibus

HMM, has to be said - Warp making a comeback isn't something I'm feeling. Personally, not a fan of Clark, lidell or anyone else on the label these days, bar the Ae and BoC duos. Everything else is a bit wank. Math rock eh? Fuck off!

Clark is amazing, and has always produced superb music, jamie lidell is insanely talented. I aint into math rock that mich, i do like battles but nowt else. its all opinion the end of the day but for me they are looking alot stronger this year with some massive releases im well into and more to come.

Guest burnibus

i cant believe so many people are willing to listen to leaks on MP3. what has happened to just waiting and then buying. crazy, pretty much every forum talking about it people are saying "why hasnt it leaked yet" meaning "why cant i rob it for free before its released".

i know there are loads of ways to justify it to yourself and im sure people do everytime they rob it from P2p networks and stuff, but you know its coming out, you know when and you know where to buy it, hand on it'll be yours for a reasonable sum in less than 8 weeks

i cant believe so many people are willing to listen to leaks on MP3. what has happened to just waiting and then buying. crazy, pretty much every forum talking about it people are saying "why hasnt it leaked yet" meaning "why cant i rob it for free before its released".

i know there are loads of ways to justify it to yourself and im sure people do everytime they rob it from P2p networks and stuff, but you know its coming out, you know when and you know where to buy it, hand on it'll be yours for a reasonable sum in less than 8 weeks

yes but "we" want to hear it NOW. the purchasing can be done later.

i'm definitely buying it on cd/vinyl as opposed to bleep but if it's leaked first i'll listen to the leak. i did the same with untilted and it definitely enhanced my listening experience when i actually bought the cd and got the chance to hear it in a lossless format.

I was thinking about this yesterday. While I was looking online for some music similar to Autechre's 2001 era music. I came to the conclusion that Autechre posses the inexplicable X-factor that many musicians seem to have, and it infests their music no matter how simple or complex. (see Jimi Hendrix, or Aphex Twin). Instead of looking it is as people only like it because it is Autechre, I look at it the opposite way, it becomes that popular because is some how in tune with our natural inexplicable instinct towards good music. (which is then of course subjected to whether one actually enjoys experimental music or not since some people don't but it is still good regardless) lol

As for Warp making a comeback. I know most of you guys are all like "Warp lost their roots" and thats probably true and all. But the way I see it is, it doesn't much matter to me because the fact is in the past three years Warp have delivered some seriously seriously classic and well received albeit not aphex twin albums. Grizzly Bear, Battles, Body Riddle, now Quaristice. I would be happy if they released two or three albums of this caliber per year. I know many of you do not like those albums, but they are good nonetheless.

i wonder if there will be a leak soon, since promos are being sent out.

there probably will be, but not from this house! In saying that, there was a big hoohah about the Untilted leak, and they can trace it as each CD is apparently traceable through the track segment indicators and are unique... so most will keep it offline if they want to get any future promos and access to Warp material.

Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum

Man, get off your horse. Most people here who are interested enough in it to download a leaked copy will probably buy it when it comes out as well. There are even losers like me who have nothing better to do with their money and will buy it on cd and vinyl, and also buy tickets for at least one of their shows. People are just really excited about it and maybe want some foreplay. The people who just want to download it for free are going to do so whether it leaks now or they have to wait until someone rips it from the released cd.

Having said that I will probably wait, cause its like delaying an orgasm so you turn into Peter North when it comes out.

Edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum

Guest burnibus

im not being on a high horse think maybe just stuck in the past and not used to this digital age of leaks and p2p and the likes. The way i see it is if you download a leak of material you can buy of artists you respect you aint necessarily doing anyone any favours apart from yourself. you say that loads of people will download and then buy, well yeah i agree with that but from frequenting this forum and others there are also many people who just download.

What happens if you dont like it? dont buy then pass it round to others for them to make their mind up. the end of the day its peoples choice but every forum i have seen the ae album talked about there are at least 20 posts saying "where is the leak", "when will this thing leak already" etc.......

just find it a bit odd, whereas i have always been used to waiting then buying. times they are a changin hey?