IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

YUP - I'M FULL OF IT.

so just be content in the knowledge i've not heard anything.

of course, i'm happy to play games and confirm any particular detail about any track that will later be proven the truth once the album is released.

but then, people have played those games before... the nonsense preceeding Untilted is still fresh in the memory.

Anyway, full of shit I am.

Notice the wink dude. Notice the wink. I too remember the Untilteduh debacle.

In any case, any chance of posting a single track or a transcoded 30 sec. snippet to whet the pallette?

Also, just wondering if you can give some insight into the following:

-how they are handling the 20 song format on a single disc? is it a "continuous flow" between tracks?

-how would you rate this against Untilted?

-during the Untilted live tour there is this gorgeous melody that usually comes in around 27-35min into the set. Please tell me you know which one I am talking about and please tell me that is on Quaristice.

-hows the rest of the album art?

Edited by gl0tch

half way through so far. starts well, plyPhon is very nice, and currently on Tankakern which is also very dark and tasty. Some typical Ae nonsensical madness in between tho.

Holy shit, rale just came on and i shat myself. Some of this makes Pro Radii sound like kids TV music. All in all so far, very large expansive sound, lots of reverb on reverb, dark as fuck and any beats so far have been heavy and deep - no frittery nonsense here.

Hmmm.. rale is good indeed.

Any of the live material materialising? What album/release so far would this be similiar to?

Notice the wink dude. Notice the wink. I too remember the Untilteduh debacle.

In any case, any chance of posting a single track or a transcoded 30 sec. snippet to whet the pallette?

Also, just wondering if you can give some insight into the following:

-how they are handling the 20 song format on a single disc? is it a "continuous flow" between tracks?

-how would you rate this against Untilted?

-during the Untilted live tour there is this gorgeous melody that usually comes in around 27-35min into the set. Please tell me you know which one I am talking about and please tell me that is on Quaristice.

-hows the rest of the album art?

i know dude... i know. was just making a noise for your benefit. in answer to your quiz:

no real flow, some you don't notice the transition, others are just butted up against each other with no 'mix or flow' to be recognised.

based on just the one listen, my first impressions are better than with Untilted (and Draft for that matter). But, that might be down to the effect of having much more to pick through and find something nice among - 20 ideas as opposed to just 8. It's the first time I've heard an Ae album that sounds like it has echoes of almost everything before it. Definite echoes of Envane, Confield, Untilted, EP7, and hints of Chiastic and LP5. It's complicating my thought processes.

I know the one, the sort of higher pitched harpsichord keys melody - no it aint here (i don't think) and haven't heard anything that makes my mind recall the Untilted set at all. Though the sonic quality is very 'large and live' as if it's all been conceived in the biggest, darkest space so far...the sort of space that the likes of Uviol or Pro Radii or I dunno.. Eutow and such like all lived in. Big echo-filled metallic isolation tank sort of shit.

No idea about art - it's a promo. Hence pvc wallet, white insert with artist and album name and the individual promo number printed on front with tracklist and warning not to share on back. Which I won't.

More to follow.

Guest beavis14996
promo of Quaristice landed on my desk 30 seconds ago.

have you heard the Altibzz leak from soulseek? is it real??

promo of Quaristice landed on my desk 30 seconds ago.

have you heard the Altibzz leak from soulseek? is it real??

no - don't use filesharers anymore.

if you can post the mp3, i'll tell you if it's real or not.

half way through so far. starts well, plyPhon is very nice, and currently on Tankakern which is also very dark and tasty. Some typical Ae nonsensical madness in between tho.

Holy shit, rale just came on and i shat myself. Some of this makes Pro Radii sound like kids TV music. All in all so far, very large expansive sound, lots of reverb on reverb, dark as fuck and any beats so far have been heavy and deep - no frittery nonsense here.

Hmmm.. rale is good indeed.

Yeah, Rale is fucking awesome. Best AE track I've heard in 10 years.

hmmmm... i'm thinking 3rd last track (chenc9) featured or is based on material from Untilted set around the 38-39min mark.
which untilted set though?

The 38-39 minute mark in the hemsby set is one of my fav parts of the untilted set. Good news.

i hope we're all talking about the same part. with a repeating higher melody and lower bass notes that change underneath over two bars. the next part on the live set after the section i'm thinking of is more of a hip-hoppy kind of beat.

i hope we're all talking about the same part. with a repeating higher melody and lower bass notes that change underneath over two bars. the next part on the live set after the section i'm thinking of is more of a hip-hoppy kind of beat.

I think that is in the 28th minute of the hemsby set? The part I am thinking about has a circular type beat, starts with symmetrical chords and adds a symmetrical melody.

I was talking about the third one. But that clip is actually only the very end of that song. It's over after like thirty seconds. I think ency was talking about the first one.

am i the only one here who cant make fucking heads or tails out of those clips?

they are so mpeg compressed icant hear a fucking thing. I mean yeah i can decipher the tempo and basic beat but thats literally it, everything else sounds like dithered ass

I guess I just know the untilted set so well that I can tell. But yea you need to listen for like a minute until you can tell what it is.