IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

I wouldn't be surprised if this record sold really well considering how extensively they have toured the past two years ad that the past two years have been their most popular live performances.

Then again everybody might just steal it.

Edited by Rook

honnestly i dont think many records sells very well today. well, ae will hardly beats robin williams but just look at the recent limited releases by indie labels & you'll got a clue about recent poor sales.

Guest Enter a new display name
WARPCD333_Packshot_350web.jpg

is this cover confirmed????

That picture is on Warp Records' official website, there's no doubt this cover is official. Nevertheless I've been thinking it is maybe the back cover... I doubt The Designers Republic would make such a shitty front cover. Even my grandmother could draw it with MS Paint.

Edited by Enter a new display name

yea I don't like the cover. Kind of reminds me a a radiohead lyrics page with the letter spacing. It's a shame since their last three albums have had amazing artwork.

not that it really matters but i quite like that cover art.

most of DR artwork is really good. i used to look at the gatecrasher compilation in shops just because they looks ace. & the fact tDR looks pretty 90's makes it even better. i heard they were incredibly expensive, even for a simple logo they cost a arm & a leg.

there is also that takeshi muto's record on schematic that i dont really like, but the cover art is really wicked.

Guest margaret thatcher

it looks like shit and the track listings sound like shit.

but i'm still going to video me strawpedoing a bottle of red wine. any suggestions on what type?

Cover Art: At this point it's too small to say what I actually think about it. Will there be more to it throughout the packaging? I hope so. Is the negative space between the letters interestingly rhythmic unto itself? Absolutely.

Tracklist: It's just as much an Autechre tracklist as any other. If this one sucks, they all suck. I'm indifferent.

Wine: How bout a nice Shiraz or Merlot?

Yea, I could really care less about what the names of the tracks are. I prefer to think of them as being fairly random on not meant to be understood or really thought about too much by the listener. I mean, does the name Pen Expers really change the way you listen to pen expers?

Sincerely, I like the tracklist. Sounds more glitchy than ever, heh! This will just be more difficult to remember them as we'll discuss about which track is the best, etc...

"OMG 90101-51-1 IS THE BEST TRACK OF QUARISTICE!!"

Guest Ultravisitor
Yea, I could really care less about what the names of the tracks are. I prefer to think of them as being fairly random on not meant to be understood or really thought about too much by the listener. I mean, does the name Pen Expers really change the way you listen to pen expers?

not at all, but i don't really think about it when i listen to that specific track, its far too good.

rob brown even said that the track names have no relation to that track itself.

Guest margaret thatcher

spelling errors on track names annoy me.

p.s. pen expers is a great name, but reminds me more off idi amin than anything else.....

On the other hand, it would be really weird if Autechre released a track with a name like, say, "Death Fuck"?

Jeez the stock market tanked today. I'm losing all my monies!

I think I'm interviewing the pair in the next few weeks. Face-to-face if I can get to London or over the phone if not. For next issue of Reverb.

Stay tuned, will be looking for some good questions from you monkeys.

I think I'm interviewing the pair in the next few weeks. Face-to-face if I can get to London or over the phone if not. For next issue of Reverb.

Dope, keep us posted

The excitement for this album really sunk in today, I am getting antsy.

Great, ask them what they think about the Quaristice artwork! :angry:

Janey mack, fair fucks to ya. Not to be cheeky, but is there any chance you could ask them (without it sounding weird) for some examples of tracks that are predominatly written by just one of them? I'd love to know which one of them wrote that strange high pitched piano-ish kinda loop at the start of the recent live sets.

Good luck to ya man.