IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Guest dangulberry
at the very least, you COULD put up a "transcoded" snippet.

On the topic of transcoding, if I am playing a CD in iTunes and have Wiretap Pro recording its output as Wav, how is that going to sound lossy and shitty?

It's not.

Go for it, I say. Record it well then spread the music. Don't give in to the paranoid, old music distribution model. The music is ready, it's out there - unleash it! We're only waiting until March because Warp don't want to release music in the worst month of the year (January traditionally). Also, they are using the time to market the record - interviews, other hype, etc.

Could there be anyone on an Autechre forum who needs to be hyped up about Quaristice anymore than they are already? Just look at Rook. I think sharing the album now would actually prevent a heart attack. What if Rook didn't make it to March, exactly because he was so excited about what would happen then? How would you feel then, eh?

Eh?

DG

Edited by dangulberry

Guest Larry David

Hmmm....i always thought Warp and electronic music in genral was a bit too underground to be faffing around with copyright protection bullshit...I mean....it's kinda like they're shooting themselves in the foot isn't it?

Then again I was in Highgate, London recently where Karl Marx is buried......you can visit his grave......for 2 fucking pounds!!!!Talk about fucking irony....he's probably spinning in it....

Oh and anyone know where i can get tickets for the Manchester gig? (29 feb). It's at the Music Box....not the best venue...the Zoo from 2005 was better....heh ho....it'll still be fucking wicked i'm sure...

I've heard this watermarking on Myspace, where a robot voice says "This track is copyright of Albert McCockface" every thirty seconds or so. It's stupid.

That's not watermarking.

Even if you transcode a watermarked audio file, the hidden signal will remain buried in the mix. Same goes for recording it onto another media like cassette, then back to digital. No dice. It's only a couple of months, it'll go quick.

Guest Enter a new display name

If the Quaristice promo was really released, it would be leaked on "Moo's replacement website" by now, and it's not the case.

Guest godslonggone

I work at a record store and see far too many promos daily, sadly not this one yet.

Most people who get watermarked pre-release promos also get a lot of shit from label reps and a lot of emotion from online folks. I've seen a fellow manager get a watermarked copy of his favorite band's then-unreleased new shitty album and he got startlingly similar responses on that band's forum, disbelief and demands to rip and post. He ripped the CD to the library on our store computer we play music off of at work and got a call the next day telling him to delete the files, even if they were just to play in the store and promote the album.

The thing here is when the label gives a fuck (maybe more so in this case where the promo CD was for a stupid rock band) they are tight with their promo recipient, or at least pester them a lot, creating a feeling, valid or not, that they could at least lose their job if not put their place of work out of business.

So I'll just wait till someone else rips it and keep hoping I don't get sued by a major label like the girl that works next door to me.

On a slightly related note I overheard that warp is changing distribution over here from sony to caroline, a smaller pond, making them one of the relatively larger fish or squid-like creatures. Good for them (?) .

He ripped the CD to the library on our store computer we play music off of at work and got a call the next day telling him to delete the files, even if they were just to play in the store and promote the album.

Pray tell, how did they know he ripped it? Did the watermark phone home?

Keep your panties unbunched ladies, the wait will be worth it. :ok:

I work at a record store and see far too many promos daily, sadly not this one yet.

Most people who get watermarked pre-release promos also get a lot of shit from label reps and a lot of emotion from online folks. I've seen a fellow manager get a watermarked copy of his favorite band's then-unreleased new shitty album and he got startlingly similar responses on that band's forum, disbelief and demands to rip and post. He ripped the CD to the library on our store computer we play music off of at work and got a call the next day telling him to delete the files, even if they were just to play in the store and promote the album.

The thing here is when the label gives a fuck (maybe more so in this case where the promo CD was for a stupid rock band) they are tight with their promo recipient, or at least pester them a lot, creating a feeling, valid or not, that they could at least lose their job if not put their place of work out of business.

So I'll just wait till someone else rips it and keep hoping I don't get sued by a major label like the girl that works next door to me.

On a slightly related note I overheard that warp is changing distribution over here from sony to caroline, a smaller pond, making them one of the relatively larger fish or squid-like creatures. Good for them (?) .

stfu and rip it! we want it! kidding, kidding... Is there a tracking chip in the CD or what? Warp are watching their promo on radar and make sure nobody else listens it or what?

at the very least, you COULD put up a "transcoded" snippet.

On the topic of transcoding, if I am playing a CD in iTunes and have Wiretap Pro recording its output as Wav, how is that going to sound lossy and shitty?

It's not.

Go for it, I say. Record it well then spread the music. Don't give in to the paranoid, old music distribution model. The music is ready, it's out there - unleash it! We're only waiting until March because Warp don't want to release music in the worst month of the year (January traditionally). Also, they are using the time to market the record - interviews, other hype, etc.

Could there be anyone on an Autechre forum who needs to be hyped up about Quaristice anymore than they are already? Just look at Rook. I think sharing the album now would actually prevent a heart attack. What if Rook didn't make it to March, exactly because he was so excited about what would happen then? How would you feel then, eh?

Eh?

DG

hey you know what?

newbie.jpg

To be honest, none of us should be entirely sure he actually has the album. Until I hear convincing snippets, full tracks, or scans of the entire packaging, I dont necessarily believe this watermark cop out shit.

To be honest, none of us should be entirely sure he actually has the album. Until I hear convincing snippets, full tracks, or scans of the entire packaging, I dont necessarily believe this watermark cop out shit.

while the fact that he has a prerelease copy is possible, i find it highly unlikely its a watermarked copy. i will seriously eat my shoe if i find proof of watermarking autechre promos.

Guest margaret thatcher

guys, the track listings is very fake. there aren't 20 tracks. and i'm sure they'd be able to spell parallel correctly anyway.

i will video myself downing an entire bottle of red wine if that's the track listings.

Its much much less harsh than the harsh bits of 'Untitled', quite a lot of actual riffs, rather than just chattering sounds.

The album is titled Untilted.

55 days 4 hours 40 mins 26 seconds

So you will participate to the Autechre lineup on March 3rd at midnight? This would be nice if stores paid as much attention to Quaristice as they do with Halo 3.

Edited by Enter a new display name

Guest tidbit
...This would be nice if stores paid as much attention to Quaristice as they do with Halo 3.

now would it be, really?

its weird, i'm a complete autechre fan but i didnt even hear the latest gescom record...

what's happening to me? in autechre mode, i'm like 6 month late. got to buy that A1D1 cd.

anyway i'm sure quaristice will be great. autechre never disapointed me.