IGNORED

Plaid Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest CATS

new interview @ ROCKSUCKER

ARRRGGHHHH!!!! they're going to "rewrite the EP"... oh dear, not again!!!!!!!!!!!!???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! LOL

*hopes it was a joke*

people, stop posting live clips on youtube! then they won't need to rewrite things and we won't have to wait until they do rewrite, or write new tracks, for release.

:facepalm:

^ i agree, we don't need any more live YT Plaid clips.. thought this same thing recently.

This over exposure seems to be affecting the way Plaid are (not) releasing their music.. which to me is a bad thing.

oh fuck off. over exposure...lol jesus...i thought this board was cool.

no this board is not cool, and neither are you, so, welcome!

seriously, tho.. they said it themselves. they changed the tracks that were to be on Scintilli because some of them were already all over youtube, where people had recorded them on their phones 'n shit from live shows. this is one of the reasons Scintilli took a bit longer to finish and be released. now the same thing's happened with this tour, and now we read Andy saying they're going to rewrite the EP! possibly because the tracks that were going to be on the EP are now on youtube, live.

possibly, but possibly not. - *does devil horns and proclaims, "awesome!", shouts "Yeah", throws sugar ridden drink to the floor*

Jesus Christ! I thought i was doing sth good, by collecting the unknowns,,,,and even making playlists of them :S

well then i better take them down, right??

sorry Plaid, ,,,, really :S (if they really meant that, of course....)

oh maybe i have to email and ask.... grrrr, this cant be true!! :(

Edited by theplaided

no point taking anything down now mate it's all already been up there! :) what's done is done. doesn't really matter too much i suppose, Scintilli was finally released in the end! we have it now, even though it's a slightly different version of what it once was.

i just hope they don't take ages rewriting the EP, that was supposed to come out early next year, right? ... :/

new (more dancier) Plaid music sounds good, tho.. for the next album i mean. looking forward to that!

Edited by sirch

Keep em up! you've gone to the trouble of putting em up there kidda. Sorry mate, i didn't mean to burst your bubble, i do enjoy listening to the live unreleased tracks, but it seems to be getting a bit over loaded on YT and interweb lately and this seems to be having a negative effect on the way Plaid are (not) releasing physical copies, which i've said, is surely bad. I'd simply not watch youtube but it won’t make any difference as Plaid themselves have already said they are having to make different versions of their tracks.

About them making more dancier music is very good news indeed!

well yes they re up there already and, they dont have big views anyways (vast majority of the world still doesnt use youtube to browse for or listen to music, do they?! :) )

so how come can this be the reason for them to delay,,,their releases.... if they ve already been uploaded on YT or wherever, so what? wont people still buy and enjoy their releases , which will definitley be in much better quality??

what i think on this issue is, they ve become a much bigger band now, so they act a little bit more cautious, on what to release. this is the main reason their releases are being, re-done and re-done...

Edited by theplaided

ps: by saying "a bigger band", i m meaning the extra fame they gained after tekkon kinkreet and heavens door! i, personally think that these soundtracks really earned them lots of new listeners, (despite the ironic fact that most old fans, and even press people dont even count them as "album"s ) maybe im just wrong anyways... but again, personally , i think, the tekkon kinkreet and heavens door soundtracks really rock...

what track can beat the simplicity yet the complexity of K3, for example?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDMncYPGSs

Edited by theplaided

It is what it is and they are what they are... soundtracks.

I think because Plaid are so musical and melody based with their tracks these soundtracks can pass as albums.

Guest melanie

well said, both ThePlaided and MagDog!!

i think both soundtracks are ESSENTIAL parts of the Plaid collection. they are 2 of my favorite albums.

i've always taken them as being proper Plaid albums. and maybe the fact the music was written for films adds to it in a way... because you can imagine parts of the film as you listen. or not. you can also just listen as you normally would :)

i wouldnt say these releases are any lesser things for being soundtracks!

Heaven's Door is my favourite of the 2. though i loved TK when that came out.. i played it all the time, on loop during the days.

can anyone help me identify the unknown tracks?

1 is a new track, dunno what it's called.

2 is from the Hope soundtrack, i think.

3 is a mad live version of Upgrade, i think, and then Outside Orange.

4 is a new track, dunno what it's called.

Can I post this here? Sorry for the poor quality, it's my first recording. (The setup was less than ideal as well)

Plaid - Live Vancouver (2011-11-21)

My first time seeing them live, loved the show regardless. Also, can anyone help me identify the unknown tracks?

hey Mossbot, your Crumax Rins recording has Tender Hooks at the beginning of it.

just thought i'd mention it incase you weren't aware.

and thanks for upping this, btw. was good to listen to. really enjoy Somnl. good live version that is!

cheers

Guest Mossbot

hey Mossbot, your Crumax Rins recording has Tender Hooks at the beginning of it.

just thought i'd mention it incase you weren't aware.

and thanks for upping this, btw. was good to listen to. really enjoy Somnl. good live version that is!

cheers

Opps! I did mean to label that one Tender Hooks / Crumax Rins.

Thanks. I keep my Zoom recorder with me most of the time and I hadn't planned on using it until I realized I would be seated for most of the show.

Plaid - Live Vancouver (2011-11-21)

Also, can anyone help me identify the unknown tracks?

2nd track is not SФmnl, it's called Sömnl....

that's exactly what it says on the file i downloaded last night! - track 2.

and this is a really good set! thanks for sharing it, Mossbot. really like that version of Somnl. wicked!

Guest Mossbot

2nd track is not SФmnl, it's called Sömnl....

I'm not too sure what you mean. In the tags and file name it's named "Sömnl"; maybe you're on a Mac or something messed up the characters?

but thanks anyways for sharing, i just love, what you call track 8 there! ;)

and this is a really good set! thanks for sharing it, Mossbot. really like that version of Somnl. wicked!

Thanks, glad you enjoy it.

Edited by Mossbot

Guest melanie

impressive! good ears, sirch. :wink:

impressive! good ears, sirch. :wink:

those unknown tracks here, will have their names, once Plaid have more peaceful time from their touring!! cause the ones here are/have been/had bin already uploaded by "meeeeee!" to youtube

and Andy said to me in person "i ll help you name the unknowns on yer channel!

;)