IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Coachella

Guest TooMuchLush

Guest Deep Fried Everything
don't they say boards of canada are playing pretty much every year

yes

so you might not want to hold your breath on this one..

Wow, amazing. I think a pilgrimiage is in order...

Coachella.com

aphex twin is playing in california?

there's a siren at home that goes off whenever jamesian arse flies over american soil, that means i have to go rob old ladies at atms suck mean cock on the hitchhike express and maybe just run for the last thousand miles. the only thing is in i'm in NYC this week so i didnt hear it. call me dumbass accordingly.

when aphex twin comes to america you're either there or not.

godddaaaafucking-mmmm i am going to do everything in my rapidly-increasing powers of reality defenestration to get there, gents. we'll see how it goes. i live for adventures

Guest Al Hounos
His placement on the poster is a bit of a reality check though. :cry:

what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

'

it means that he's like the single most imporant figure in the electronic music world, but to normal people he is less important than such fascinating artists like jack johnson, the verve, love and rockets, boring indie band #1394237 etc.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

'

it means that he's like the single most imporant figure in the electronic music world, but to normal people he is less important than such fascinating artists like jack johnson, the verve, love and rockets, boring indie band #1394237 etc.

but that's the way its always been. i mean he's in the top ten at least. that's really saying something, especially for how little attention electronic music gets these days.

look at gemm.com's most popular artist searches. he's the least huge name on there.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i didn't understand this either. for as litttle airplay as his stuff gets on radio and tv in the US, for him to be at the top of that flyer? yeah, i don't really see whats wrong I guess. Look at it this way... if it really matters to you that much, at least he is on there before Justice and fucking Fatboy Slim.

w00t! today's the day. we'll see what comes of it. there's some weird live webcast thing though i've no idea if he'll be covered on it but check it out anyway i guess http://www.coachella.com/updates/news toward the top of the page there. maybe they'll have better camera angles then we do.

Guest AOOproductions

yeah i didn't understand this either. for as litttle airplay as his stuff gets on radio and tv in the US, for him to be at the top of that flyer? yeah, i don't really see whats wrong I guess. Look at it this way... if it really matters to you that much, at least he is on there before Justice and fucking Fatboy Slim.

His placement is not bad at all, it's amazingly high, especially for a electronic music artist amongst commercial acts. Shows how respected he is. To see him before Fatboy Slim makes me all warm inside.

there were pics plastered on Yahoo of a shitload of b-list celebrities attending, all trying to flaunt the hippie vibe they have no clue about. damn, i wish i could have been in a pit with Corey Feldman, and kicked his sorry ass.

its official; ticket arrived, hotel booked. overpriced laptop DJ set here i come.

was it a good overpriced laptop dj set or a bad one? or did the fact that you paid so much money for it force you to think it was good

its official; ticket arrived, hotel booked. overpriced laptop DJ set here i come.

was it a good overpriced laptop dj set or a bad one? or did the fact that you paid so much money for it force you to think it was good

i had great fun.

the method for Goldenvoice's placement of artists on the Coachella poster seems to lie somewhere between how respected an artist is and how popular they are.

Its often about how much people they pull

they more they pull the higher the placement

that has nothing to do with radioplays I assume

Archived