13 hours ago, PurpleMoustache said:

spacer.png

?

This is something I never thought I'd see: the KLF ripping off Green Jello.

EDIT: I guess they were already kind of doing what The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo did in the 70s, though.  I love the KLF, but their music and performances aren't really what's most interesting about them for me (entertaining as hell, though).  Their particular flavor of antagonism to the entertainment industry is the real meat of it, the actual music and shows are mostly a vehicle for that. Plus Bill Drummond is a good writer.

Who Killed the KLF is pretty good, WAY better than I expected (I tried to watch Chris Atkins' previous documentary and it was kind of trash.  Woould have been pretty good if it was made in 1988, but in 2008 it felt heavy handed and pointless so I went into the KLF one with low expectations).  

https://archive.org/details/20220703-1810-who-killed-the-klf

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wondered what was different in the above from the original as this was exactly how I remembered it sounding..... then I remembered the version I've heard the most is exactly that mix as it's the opening track to this Orb remix compilation:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...