IGNORED

wtf most of us have been listening to aphex twin for more than ten years

Guest KY

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

I saw aphex twin videos on mtv's amp in late '96 or early '97 and bought the rdj album from columbia house. my first album of electronic music. the first time I heard it I knew things would never be the same.

Had a few singles on some comps but only really got into him after a fanatical mate lent me most the back catalog around when Come to Daddy came out.

Until then he was just another experimental techno artist.

I've been listening to to Jean Michel Jarre for around 20yrs now! (did I say that out loud? :confused: )

I saw aphex twin videos on mtv's amp in late '96 or early '97 and bought the rdj album from columbia house. my first album of electronic music. the first time I heard it I knew things would never be the same.

LOL, Columbia House - I raped the shit outta them with their "buy 4, get 1 free" and "buy 5 for 4.99" deals - I was getting about 25-30 CDs in the mail a week, and really built up my collection that way...

Guest Fat Roland
12 years. My brother got Cum from Daddy for xmas '97.

Too easy.

i would give anything to feel how i felt when i first heard "on" playing at volume 11 in my best friend's car in highschool

when those fuckin trebly hat like shit first kicks on oh my god

I D M

*enjoys a post coital cigarette*

Absolutely totally fuckly yes.

Has anyone won this thread yet?

LOL, Columbia House - I raped the shit outta them with their "buy 4, get 1 free" and "buy 5 for 4.99" deals - I was getting about 25-30 CDs in the mail a week, and really built up my collection that way...

me too. my trent reznor signed copy of downward spiral is a columbia house special :ok:

bought 'saw 85-92' in about 94 - so that makes about 15 years

finding 'hangable auto bulb' in one of the shops on berwick st when it first came out was fun.

as others have said, it was different in the old days without the internet info, you had to traipse round all the record shops asking when things were coming out

also you could leave your front door open and and only one house on the street had a tv and we all gathered round to watch the queen etc

edit: what I find weird is that its over 10 years since Windowlicker came out

Guest Fat Roland

I think it's fair to say that anyone who's been listening to Aphex for 15 years or less really isn't much of a fan, more of a fly-by-night bandwagon chaser.

*runs away*

Guest tv_party

bout 17 yrs. ago or so got digiridoo and xylem tube on 12" in my first years of college. imo best stuff he ever did. wish he'd kick the pretty melodies for cash mentality and do some alien dark shit like this with the production skills he has now.

I think it's fair to say that anyone who's been listening to Aphex for 15 years or less really isn't much of a fan, more of a fly-by-night bandwagon chaser.

*runs away*

extremophile .. so anyone that wasn't there in his childhood noting down his every melodic utterance or gutteral rhythmic posterance (heh) with their pre-dattape tape recorder .. no no hang on .. you had to be there listening to him kicking whilst still in the womb .. "i'm sure i can hear didgereedoo in there" .. [rich's dad] 'that's what the wife said when ............'

hrmm .. eneewae ..

Guest Fat Roland

*runs away*

extremophile .. so anyone that wasn't there in his childhood noting down his every melodic utterance or gutteral rhythmic posterance (heh) with their pre-dattape tape recorder .. no no hang on .. you had to be there listening to him kicking whilst still in the womb .. "i'm sure i can hear didgereedoo in there" .. [rich's dad] 'that's what the wife said when ............'

hrmm .. eneewae ..

Quality digeridoo smut.

4 years for me, I feel so young.

RDJ/I Care Because You Do/Drukqs was my first album

15 years or less. I'm afraid you have to stop listening to the Aphex Twins. Them's the rules.

Archived