IGNORED

wtf most of us have been listening to aphex twin for more than ten years

Guest KY

heh, i bought Go Plastic the day it came out.. also in Our Price, they had a display for the album at the counter!

i read that it was out on the internet, then took a bus to the nearest town with a music shop (newton abbot) to see if they had it

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used to listen to the aphex twins on the wireless. it was only medium or longwave back then. no such thing as stereo. david "kid" jensen and ed "stewpot" used to spin the platters that mattered. princess anne getting married on the telly. ice cream man used to come round on a horse back then too. good days

Guest Dirty Protest
I think The Tuss is pretty meh. And Squarepusher's a one trick pony. And Plaid's only real masterpiece is Not for Threes. And Jega's Geometry is better than most of their outputs. Now I listen to The Chemical Brothers, lol.

Can the banning be extended for another few days. autopilots turned me into a fucking fanboy.

Guest Fat Roland

I bought SAW1 when it came out, so I guess that's 16ish years for me.

Back then we didn't have CDs. We would put a needle on a tramp, and he would moan the record start to finish.

Long bursts like this: uuuuurrrghhhoooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhh (Heliosphan) or grrrrraaaaaaagghbazzaaarddzzz (Xtal).

His name was Susan. He died.

I bought SAW1 when it came out, so I guess that's 16ish years for me.

Back then we didn't have CDs. We would put a needle on a tramp, and he would moan the record start to finish.

Long bursts like this: uuuuurrrghhhoooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhh (Heliosphan) or grrrrraaaaaaagghbazzaaarddzzz (Xtal).

His name was Susan. He died.

so that's what happened to the guy in that song

been listening to afx for nigh on about 8 years. i remember the first time i heard vordhosbn on big speakers . . it was a religious experience. such a well-carved piece of music.

i heard come to daddy when i was 11, bought xylem tube ep on ebay when i was 12. i'm 21 now. fucking weird

oh yeah forgot about the thread

i would give anything to feel how i felt when i first heard "on" playing at volume 11 in my best friend's car in highschool

when those fuckin trebly hat like shit first kicks on oh my god

I D M

*enjoys a post coital cigarette*

Guest narkeworld
uh, 15 years for me. There are some people around who saw "Didgeridoo" happen for the first time at some Cornish raves in 1991. Rewinding and seeing your own birth is about the only thing to rival that.

Come to think of it, I don't know if who I'm thinking of is on WATMM, Planet Mu, or the electronic music list. They're all blending in my mind now.

EDIT: I.D.M. List now dammit JR, there are legitimate uses for the acronym if only for historical purposes :rolleyes:

16 for me.:)

i would give anything to feel how i felt when i first heard "on" playing at volume 11 in my best friend's car in highschool

when those fuckin trebly hat like shit first kicks on oh my god

I D M

*enjoys a post coital cigarette*

fuck yeah. i had much the same feeling when i downloaded a low bitrate mp3 of mookid from a geocities site.

I heard Polynomial-C and Digeridoo at a warehouse rave sometime in the summer of 1992. I've been a fan ever since.

So it's been almost seventeen years! :omg:

uh, 15 years for me. There are some people around who saw "Didgeridoo" happen for the first time at some Cornish raves in 1991. Rewinding and seeing your own birth is about the only thing to rival that.

Come to think of it, I don't know if who I'm thinking of is on WATMM, Planet Mu, or the electronic music list. They're all blending in my mind now.

EDIT: I.D.M. List now dammit JR, there are legitimate uses for the acronym if only for historical purposes :rolleyes:

that would imply that we were still listening to him ... maybe he should release something eh .. (or if he is ... not in such an obscure myspace manner that we can't find the shit) ...

Archived