IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

ive downloaded the newest rambo like three or four times but i always end up deleting it. but im intuiged by how bloody everyone is saying it is. im always down for a good exploitation flick. plus i kind of liked the last rocky...

Imagine Rocky hitting people so hard they explode. That's Rambo 4/John Rambo.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

finished dexter season 4 last night. oh my. when does new season start. sucks we're now on the week to week schedule.

season 4 was a return to form. lets forget 2 & 3 ever happened. it never felt overlong or unnecessary.

also watched the first episode of the new doctor who which was fun. the doctors changing is always the best part of the show and whilst the writing was mostly poor, the special effects tv quality - the new doctor was great and the new assistant hot. i'll be watching the new season. i get bored after they change and settle into the role though so not sure for how long i'll be watching. would be fun to change the doctor every episode

finished dexter season 4 last night. oh my. when does new season start. sucks we're now on the week to week schedule.

season 4 was a return to form. lets forget 2 & 3 ever happened. it never felt overlong or unnecessary.

also watched the first episode of the new doctor who which was fun. the doctors changing is always the best part of the show and whilst the writing was mostly poor, the special effects tv quality - the new doctor was great and the new assistant hot. i'll be watching the new season. i get bored after they change and settle into the role though so not sure for how long i'll be watching. would be fun to change the doctor every episode

Man, I just managed S2, Season 3 bored me to tears after the second episode and I ended up reading what happens in S4 online. Still worth watching though? Is it that good?

All this talk of Dexter. I knew I real idiot who always ranted on about it and it put me off watching it. Am I missing anything or is it just another hyped series that falls short of itself and ends up going nowhere. Like Heroes.

All this talk of Dexter. I knew I real idiot who always ranted on about it and it put me off watching it. Am I missing anything or is it just another hyped series that falls short of itself and ends up going nowhere. Like Heroes.

I think Season 1 is excellent, a really interesting story. Season 2 it visibly slips and as I said 3 I couldn't make it through. I hear 4 is amazing but I definitely recommend checking out season 1.

LOL are they really remaking The Gate?

yup. bill or ted (whichever wasn't keanu) is directing. h r giger is designing the demons. in 3d of course

could probably find better links but:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/02/12/alex-winter-is-remaking-stephen-dorffs-the-gate/

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18313

Interesting. I watched the original a lot as a kid. I still have a crummy VHS copy kicking around somewhere. Haven't seen any of the movies Alex Winter directed but HR Giger redesigning the demons should be interesting (hopefully). The storyboards use the old demon designs, so I was a bit confused by that.

I think Season 1 is excellent, a really interesting story. Season 2 it visibly slips and as I said 3 I couldn't make it through. I hear 4 is amazing but I definitely recommend checking out season 1.

dexter has pretty wide appeal so yeah idiots rant about it. i wouldnt recommend it to everyone but season 4 made me feel better about sticking with season 3.

basically its well made tv that i can watch with my wife and we both enjoy

Season 4 ended on such a :wtf: . September cannot come soon enough.

season 4 ending spoiler nsfn (not safe for noobs)

my wife has a theory that it was not arthur who killed rita. and i think she may have something. the cycle was not started as the boy survived so bathtub isn't next. bathtub lady is always brunette. could have been a fuckyou to dexter but for someone so into patterns and cycles its odd for him to break his own.

so who did it? could she have killed herself? we thought she heard dexter tell harrison that he was a killer via the baby monitor (earlier this season) and they kept using that clip in the intro recap. but i doubt it as she wouldnt leave 3 kids with someone she knew was a serial killer.

so.....i have no idea for that reason alone the idea falls apart

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Season 4 ended on such a :wtf: . September cannot come soon enough.

season 4 ending spoiler nsfn (not safe for noobs)

my wife has a theory that it was not arthur who killed rita. and i think she may have something. the cycle was not started as the boy survived so bathtub isn't next. bathtub lady is always brunette. could have been a fuckyou to dexter but for someone so into patterns and cycles its odd for him to break his own.

so who did it? could she have killed herself? we thought she heard dexter tell harrison that he was a killer via the baby monitor (earlier this season) and they kept using that clip in the intro recap. but i doubt it as she wouldnt leave 3 kids with someone she knew was a serial killer.

so.....i have no idea for that reason alone the idea falls apart

yeah it definitely could be more elaborate than we immediately had thought but Im pretty sure I don't think she merced own self, who knows we will see, cant wait for season 5 indeed

dexter has pretty wide appeal so yeah idiots rant about it. i wouldnt recommend it to everyone but season 4 made me feel better about sticking with season 3.

basically its well made tv that i can watch with my wife and we both enjoy

I tried getting through season 1 but couldn't. In my opinion it's not a very good series with a very transparent "hook." It reeks of "not actually clever but trying to be clever" marketing with no soul behind it. "ooh, let's make a TV show about a serial killer, that should titillate people, but serial killing also turns people off, so in order to make him more sympathetic, let's make him a police officer who only kills bad guys! And we'll give him a nemesis to fight against who's much worse and creepier to help you root for him." Also much of the acting apart from the lead guy is terrible. I really couldn't stand it.

Guest Z_B_Z

im starting to doubt some of my initial enthusiasm for dexter. the first two seasons were good, but beyond that.. im having trouble getting into season four. get to john lithgow already! too much dicking around!

also i accidentally read the ending to season four, so thats not helping matters any.. i might just go watch the wire again..

Guest ataraxy2

I'm watching Vertigo for the first time.

I like you.

Howl's Moving Castle

:ok:

A lovely film , my son.

Trying to see all the Hayao Miyazaki films that I can atm. It seems he is infallible.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Indeed .

I have yet to be disappointed by a Miyazaki film .

If you haven't seen Princess Mononoke , I highly recommended it .

Guest ataraxy2

Indeed .

I have yet to be disappointed by a Miyazaki film .

If you haven't seen Princess Mononoke , I highly recommended it .

First Miyazaki film I ever saw, and one of nine films I've given a 10/10.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Same here . It's one of the few movies I've given a 10/10 ( according to my IMDB voting history )

Archived