IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I watched 25th hour for the first time a couple months ago, really good flick for sure

Ballast - 9/10

Gritty but subtle movie about a poor black family in Mississippi. Beautiful cinematography, nice real subtle performances, well directed, sound was really crisp and took advantage of the 5.1. Really good production overall for a small movie.

Guest Mirezzi

25th Hour - 8/10

I had completely forgotten how awesome this movie is. Win!

Yeah, I'm a big fan as well. It was very unusual to see Spike Lee in restrained form, but I wish he'd do it more often. He's a better storyteller when he isn't trying to be Cornell West with a camera.

Guest Z_B_Z

im watching the tv miniseries 'the stand' for nostalgia reasons (scared the shit out of me as a kid). the first half has some decent moments but its descending into some maudlin, trite, religious bullshit.. but fuck it ill finish it, im on the last episode..

mullet humor is a bit passe but i dig the main villains style

1045944749_RandyFlagg.JPG

im watching the tv miniseries 'the stand' for nostalgia reasons (scared the shit out of me as a kid). the first half has some decent moments but its descending into some maudlin, trite, religious bullshit.. but fuck it ill finish it, im on the last episode..

Fucking weird! I just finished watching it(like right now) and I haven't seen that many plot holes in any film or tv show or anything ever....

I think I am a fundamental christian now....

Very very bad, but hilarious in that fact....

"Laws yes!"

the character treatment of the mentally disabled Tom would not fly nowadays....RIDICULOUS!

and how many times can something quote revelations? I think 8 is the max with this piece of shit....

BOMBITYBOM!

Guest Z_B_Z

Fucking weird! I just finished watching it(like right now) and I haven't seen that many plot holes in any film or tv show or anything ever....

i know, i mean i dont even know where to begin.. so many plot issues its ridiculous

and yeah, the handling of the tom character is especially cringe worthy

Guest Z_B_Z

heh, im assuming youre referring to 'dont fear the reaper' during the opening credits. pretty much the best part of the movie. it all starts to slowly go downhill from there...

actually, the music is mainly one guitar solo....

one terrible blues rocky guitar solo....

Blue Oyster Cult is amazing compared to this shit...

edit: and one Tears for Fears song, which was doubly incredible after 8 hours of slide guitar

most hilarious crash on film ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf_zytWo56A

Guest Z_B_Z

lol yeah that scene was indeed hilarious. on a plot inconsistencies note, stephen king wrote the goddamn teleplay, youd think he wouldve been a little more attentive.. i realize the book was really long but come on.... never read the book btw. whats with all the christian nationalism? hows the rest of the world coping with this plague? it seemed to have originated in the states so how would have it spread throughout the rest of the world? once the main guard spread the sickness in that gas station in texas youd think they would have locked down the borders.

also im glad that rob lowe only spoke like five words throughout the course of the series

I know I was thinking about the plot as well. King must have not had very much time to dwindle the story down enough and make it coherent. That or he doesn't know how to write for tv. I am not a fan of his writing but have wanted to read the Dark Tower series, this makes me feel differently. The Shining is his best novel from what I hear, but there are so many! The Shining film is great but we know why that is the case.

Guest Z_B_Z

ive graduated from the lowbrow 'the stand' to the highbrow 'friday the 13th part 2'. ok it was a long night at work... i want mindless shit... ive been informed that the true jason with his hockey mask doesnt show up till part 3. bullshit, ive taken the time to illegally download this in hd and everything. i want satisfaction.

I think that is the truth, baghead in part 2....sorry

Baghead scared the living crap out of me at the end of Part 2 - just like the fried kid did in Part 1

Guest Coalbucket PI

Holy shit, finally watched the X Files film from 2008..... so many WTFs just happened. Did Mulder and Scully just wave at me? FROM A GOD DAMN ROWING BOAT??|>?>??>>?>?

Archived