IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

wish someone had told me ironman 2was a 5/10

they threw lots at it but it didnt really stick.

zero tension. not much excitement evee when things blew up/fights etc.

not a big marvel fan so didnt get excited when they introduced characters.

also no idea who they introduce at the very end.

we were in the mood to see the banksy film but it had sold out. so perhaps we were in the wrong mood for iron man. the stuff not in the suit was good, tony stark very watchable as always. the angle on that beard is hynoptic

they introduced Thor.....

and yes it is not as good as Exit Through The Gift Shop

but Marvel films are always just for the eyes...

Guest badgermeat

Just wanted to recommend a couple of movies I've watched recently, 'The Last Picture Show' and 'Short Cuts'.

Guest futuregirlfriend

The Last Picture Show

Yeah. I watched this a few weeks ago and was blown away.

Hell in the Pacific - Really great up until the ending. It seemed so out of place I had to google it, and it seems there are a bunch of different endings. My copy is the one...

with a bomb drop and explosion from another film that's so abrupt and clumsy I could shit. The original screenplay ending is the best but they didn't film it.

From imdb

In the original ending, a couple of Japanese soldiers arrive and tell Mifune's character that they want to dispatch the American right away. Mifune angrily opposes the idea, but some days later he sees the American's decapitated body lying in the compound. Enraged, Mifune grabs a sword and decapitates both of the soldiers.

Phantasm - Real mixed bag of quality horror and tripe. Good soundtrack. 7/10

Bernie - Enjoyed. Gotta check Albert Dupontel's other films. 8.5/10

Blue Collar - Strange one. Some funny moments, drama side of things was ok. 6.5/10

Mr Lonely - Herzog as a vicar was hilarious but I couldn't stop myself from turning it off about 10 minutes after that.

short cuts is great

just watched paranormal activity

8/10

really scared the shit out of me, until my brother came in at 2 am and started eating food loudly and telling me how shitty of a movie it was. you've go to get in the mood for it

bad lieutenant port call of new orleans

10/10

i'm watching a great documentary series at the moment called ancient aliens that's from the history channel. awesome watch, you can get it from your favorite friendly torrent site

i just can't get behind that ancient astronauts shit at all. it's like selling short human achievements and innovativeness by saying that ancient people were stupid and couldn't have done stuff without having some damn aliens with their fancy technology helping them out. i am pretty sure that there's a shitload of technology and knowledge that's been lost and re-discovered later throughout human history.

i'm watching a great documentary series at the moment called ancient aliens that's from the history channel. awesome watch, you can get it from your favorite friendly torrent site

i just can't get behind that ancient astronauts shit at all. it's like selling short human achievements and innovativeness by saying that ancient people were stupid and couldn't have done stuff without having some damn aliens with their fancy technology helping them out. i am pretty sure that there's a shitload of technology and knowledge that's been lost and re-discovered later throughout human history.

I watched the first part of the documentary last night and... well, it's just a bunch of conspiracy nutcases who think that the old Egyptians had airplanes and so on. Some archeologist found a tiny wooden handmade bird and because the wings were made in a certain way it turned out that it was sort of aerodynamic - except it was missing the tail-piece - and that made them conclude that the old Egyptians had gliders and jets...

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

anyone watching any hopper in memory?

might go for blue velvet or speed

they introduced Thor.....

and yes it is not as good as Exit Through The Gift Shop

but Marvel films are always just for the eyes...

what was supposed to give it away? looked like a walkie talkie in the sand

I watched the first part of the documentary last night and... well, it's just a bunch of conspiracy nutcases who think that the old Egyptians had airplanes and so on. Some archeologist found a tiny wooden handmade bird and because the wings were made in a certain way it turned out that it was sort of aerodynamic - except it was missing the tail-piece - and that made them conclude that the old Egyptians had gliders and jets...

some of it does sound nuts but for example, they got a bunch of scientists and architects to create another great pyramid and they could only make one quarter of the size. they also talk about how impossible it would have been to move these stones and create a pyramid... i did notice that the series starts kinda like, what if? what if? and then it gets more crazier and crazier. it's a fun watch though i think and you can take from it what you want

one of the main underlining themes is that there is no such thing as evolution, which is quite controversial

Guest viscosity

watched a couple Hitchcock films recommended to me a while back. Rear Window was great; the set especially

Frenzy will probably be next

Guest Al Hounos

Getting Any - Japanese sex-comedy by the legendary Beat Takeshi. fookin' hilarious, especially towards the beginning, but watching its slow devolution into nuttiness was a trip. Awesome. 9/10

Wise Blood - 4.5/10.

John Huston adaptation of a Flannery O'Connor novel. Never in my entire life have I seen a movie that was so ruined by its own soundtrack. I would have given it twice the score I did if it had a soundtrack that didn't completely ruin the tone.

Guest Z_B_Z

Wise Blood - 4.5/10.

John Huston adaptation of a Flannery O'Connor novel. Never in my entire life have I seen a movie that was so ruined by its own soundtrack. I would have given it twice the score I did if it had a soundtrack that didn't completely ruin the tone.

meh i didnt think it was that bad. solid film and great performance by dourif

Wise Blood - 4.5/10.

meh i didnt think it was that bad. solid film and great performance by dourif

I seriously thought the soundtrack to Cannonball Run or the Dukes of Hazzard got mixed into the DVD somehow.

Dourif gave a very solid performance, I agree.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

also I saw an ad for trash humpers playing at a theater near me

http://cinemaartscentre.org/wild.html#TRASH

gonna check that out, couldn't find it anywhere on the internet

I want to see this BAD...

me too, almost forgot about it, watmm needs to put up the batcock signal when this gets ripped to the net as I'm positive our local indie flicks theater will not show this even post hell freezing over

exactly.

In other news, Troma may start releasing their in-house movies for free on the net, but offer to sell the DVD's too. I mean movies that haven't come out yet.

Archived