IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zoo - 3/10 (only watched the first 20 minutes of this, who knew a doc about zoophilia could be so boring/beautiful cinematography though)

Cruel Story of Youth - 7/10

the outlaw josey wales by reccomendation of this thread.

great movie. perfect western. and sandra locke was gorgeous.

sure it had flaws but it was great

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

public enemies 7/10

just not that entertaining. was done better in bonnie and clyde amiright? depp as dillenger wasn't charasmatic enough for me. he wasn't likable, i'm sure he must have been irl, but the quips didnt work. bale/purvis was barely in the movie. a good death scene though.

baby face nelson shooting the ground then one final cold breath.

the girl was meant to be half native american? lol

i like to rate movies on a scale of formats. so cinema,dvd,tv,cam,youtube. public enemies would have been better on dvd

Terminator 6.5/10 pretty good for one long chase sequence.

Terminator 2 8/10 up there in the action movie paean of excellence. watching linda hamilton's transformation back-to-back is so good. maybe this is why i only dated crazy women in high school, wishing they were also bodybuilders.

Guest JohnTqs

i just rewatched every star wars movie. episode 2 sucks!!! the rest were good, except ep 4 and 5 are 4/4 stars for me

Guest zaphod

weird

role models 4/10

watched this because mirezzi was going on about it in some thread. i think i might have chuckled once. movie sucked.

Wanted:

It's like if you took The Matrix, Fight Club, and Office Space, cut up random parts, and inserted the pieces into a Mad-Lib.

Sure, there are some cool parts, but you've seen them before... in better films. Films that made sense.

Doubt:

A strong script, a great setting, and brilliant actors at the top of their game. Comparable to "Glengarry Glen Ross" in quality, and it's no coincidence that this film is also based on a play. Especially recommended for those who attended a Catholic school.

Guest JW Modestburns

I just watched Rescue Dawn starring Christian Bail and that blond gentleman from Strange Wilderness.

I thought it was rather entertaining although fairly retarded at the same time. I'm totally into "escape these crazy Asians in the jungle" movies, they get my heart pumping. But seriously though, I'm pretty sure everyone that has seen this movie can agree... we could have done with more snake eating and less armed forces ass slapping... am I right or what?

Luis Buñuel's The Exterminating Angel - I waiting for the Criterion release before watching this film. I started it at around midnight last night and I don't recall blinking once throughout its 93 minute life span. It reminded me very much of his Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie but much more violent in it's approach in both it's editing and cinematography (though it might be due to Discrete being born 10 years later). I fucking loved it and if I didn't have to get up for work the next morning I would have watched it again.

Luis Buñuel's The Exterminating Angel - I waiting for the Criterion release before watching this film. I started it at around midnight last night and I don't recall blinking once throughout its 93 minute life span. It reminded me very much of his Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie but much more violent in it's approach in both it's editing and cinematography (though it might be due to Discrete being born 10 years later). I fucking loved it and if I didn't have to get up for work the next morning I would have watched it again.

I'll have to check this out, I've got Viridiana on for tonight.

A Zed and Two Noughts - One of my favorite films in terms of visual beauty, like all Greenaway but not as good as cook/thief. I lost interest in the plot at times but it's insanely convoluted anyways. 10/10 as a sensory experience.

I loved a Zed and Two Noughts... The symmetry is what I have remember most from the film both when it is present and when it breaks. I havent seen any other work by Greenaway though. His IMDB list is rather daunting.

Guest futuregirlfriend

About 40 minutes of The Decline of Western Civilization. Had to turn it off. Thought it might be interesting, well it was in a way, but it was just too embarrassing.

Night Moves. Really good.

Storytelling. Excellent, particularly the second bit.

I loved a Zed and Two Noughts... The symmetry is what I have remember most from the film both when it is present and when it breaks. I havent seen any other work by Greenaway though. His IMDB list is rather daunting.

Go with The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover and The Pillowbook. There's some other good stuff but it's all pretty hit or miss. Watching The Falls is about as grueling as Satantango on a reduced scale. That said, it's still worthwhile.

Wanted:

It's like if you took The Matrix, Fight Club, and Office Space, cut up random parts, and inserted the pieces into a Mad-Lib.

Sure, there are some cool parts, but you've seen them before... In better films. Films that made sense.

yeah, i hated that flick. It seems playful enough but the subtext I found disturbing. It's like the empowerment fantasy of someone who would grow up to be a serial killer.

Guest Adjective

Ice Pirates 10.5/10

it's got space herpes, Templars, "black" robot that says "heyyyy, bloood...", and a guy that may or may not be lyle alzado, perfection

About 40 minutes of The Decline of Western Civilization. Had to turn it off. Thought it might be interesting, well it was in a way, but it was just too embarrassing.

too embarrassing how? like the characters embarrassed you? if so sounds like the movie was working successfully on you. i find all 3 of the movies to be deliberately embarrassing, did you just not enjoy it then?

Archived