IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Coalbucket PI

Exit Through The Gift Shop

not sure what to make of it, was broadly entertaining but a little bit dull. If it was true then it would be pretty boring but the implication that there is a subtext gives it some life. Its just whether that subtext was really anything interesting itself that I can't decide on.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

expendables - hated it

marriage of maria braun - hated it

shadows - loved it

wages of fear - loved it

cruising - hated it

serpio - hated it

veronika voss - loved it

Bad Lieutenant 2 - hated it

my life as a dog - loved it

cocaine cowboys - loved it

cocaine cowboys 2 - hated it

fubar - 5.9/10

super troopers - 2.3/10

lol no

cocaine cowboys - loved it

cocaine cowboys 2 - hated it

they made a cocaine cowboys 2? *checks on imdb* yeah it looks like it sucks ass. shame, the first one was great.

Guest Mirezzi

The Road - 7/10. Decent. I pictured the father being more stoic when I read the book.

To say the very least...!

I most certainly didn't expect the father to be an emo, voice-quivering, crybaby pussy. Shit film, fabulous book.

I also didn't expect the world to be filtered to fuck and back by a cheeseball editor and his favorite After Effects plugins.

The Road - 7/10. Decent. I pictured the father being more stoic when I read the book.

To say the very least...!

I most certainly didn't expect the father to be an emo, voice-quivering, crybaby pussy. Shit film, fabulous book.

I also didn't expect the world to be filtered to fuck and back by a cheeseball editor and his favorite After Effects plugins.

They made a lot more of the wife in the film as well. I read it all as the studio pussying out on making a film about a brutal story so they attempted to beef up the emotional connections with a more fleshed out family story and making Viggo kind of a wussy guy.

I'm probably going to see the Road, my mom usually doesn't recommend movies for me but shes begging me to see it. I'm interested in the way it looks visually because i can't complain enough or punch enough walls over the fact that movies like Resident Evil, Terminator Salvation, Book of Eli, zombieland have the shittest, most half-assed post apocalyptic landscapes and societies i have ever seen. I almost get furious now when i see a post apocolyptic hollywood movie, it's become a shitty genre they just crank out. Throw a little dirt on people, make them look like sand people wear robes and shit and that's all they do. lazy fucks

I'm probably going to see the Road, my mom usually doesn't recommend movies for me but shes begging me to see it. I'm interested in the way it looks visually because i can't complain enough or punch enough walls over the fact that movies like Resident Evil, Terminator Salvation, Book of Eli, zombieland have the shittest, most half-assed post apocalyptic landscapes and societies i have ever seen. I almost get furious now when i see a post apocolyptic hollywood movie, it's become a shitty genre they just crank out. Throw a little dirt on people, make them look like sand people wear robes and shit and that's all they do. lazy fucks

WezFaceoff.jpg

tumblr_koyeihtdxm1qz75z5o1_500.jpg

best horror flick i've seen in ages, 7.5/10

pretty cool that they're releasing it on vhs too (as an option to dvd/blu ray), considering the movie is from 2009.

the road was shit. and it doesn't look any different than any other post apocalypse film. it's the same tropes seen in any of those, so i don't really know what awepittance is talking about or expecting. it's the same shit, but not as entertaining and weighed down by its own self importance.

i'm still here - yeah i don't know about this one. i laughed at a couple scenes but overall it was just weird and pointless. would have been cooler if it had been real.

so i don't really know what awepittance is talking about or expecting.

i don't know either, it just looked visually 'right' from the trailer, it didn't look hollywood to me, but of course trailers can be deceiving.

its a little more natural looking, i'll give you that. i know what you mean with post apocalypse movies though. everything has a filter applied to it and people dress like they live in new mexico in 1850 and suddenly the audience is supposed to identify with that. it's pretty lazy. i felt like children of men had an interesting look to it, even though that isn't a straight end of the world movie.

21 Grams (for the fourth time) - 10/10

I love that movie. Fantastic actors (even though I want to punch Sean Penn right in the face) and a very simple story which is made interesting because of the non-chronological way the story is told.

Guest disparaissant

watched david lynch's dune for the billionth time, i give it wyrding module/10. love it so much.

also rewatched 24 hour party people. 9/10. i'm a bit biased as i love manchester bands and i love steve coogan. i don't know if tony wilson actually said this, but either way, it's a great line:

"We are not really a company, we are an experiment in human nature(...) I protected myself from the dilemma of selling out by having nothing to sell."

Archived