IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

The main thing that held ROTF back was those two fuckers who are on a par with Jar Jar fucking Binks. Jesus.

There isn't anything decent out this weekend is there? I don't think my local is showing Inglorious Basterds otherwise I'd probably hit that up.

In the Loop i've heard is really good, also Hurt Locker is highly recommend although haven't seen that either. Cold Souls (that new kaufman esque Paul Giamatti movie) is making the rounds in the west and east coast right now. I think this one looks good. I think Moon is still playing too, which i have heard is very good. I liked Funny people i would recommend going to see it.

and low and behold Zaphod we agree! i think inglorious 'basterds' looks pretty bad, i agree about Brown man. I never thought i'd see Robert Rodriguez reach more interesting point in his film career than Tarantino, His new kids film - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shorts_(film) looks a lot more ballsy and interesting than Inglorious

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gladiator - 8/10

the soundtrack is so fucking cheesy though, it sounds like shakira

gladiator can't go above a 5/10 for me because of the cheesy old timey movie frame skipping effect they got from Saving Private Ryan

Guest Mr Salads

that tarantino movie looks so fucking trashy. it's too bad he slid into utter garbage after jackie brown, he had some serious talent.

The trailers make it look like george clooney is supposed to be in it

Haha

The main thing that held ROTF back was those two fuckers who are on a par with Jar Jar fucking Binks. Jesus.

There isn't anything decent out this weekend is there? I don't think my local is showing Inglorious Basterds otherwise I'd probably hit that up.

holy shit best sig ever. you're clearly the best C.

Guest zaphod

got invited to see gi joe with a group of nostalgic idiots. was too afraid to watch it sober so i took a bottle of swiss absinthe that a friend had given me and proceeded to drink it neat during the trailers. in my stupor i was positive dr. mindbender was will oldham. i yelled "fuckin bonnie prince billyyyyy" and kicked the seat in front of me like a lunatic until a tween stared me down like i was some kind of sex offender and i left to go to the bathroom and cry. 1/10

Guest Alex C

holy shit best sig ever. you're clearly the best C.

I came to conquer.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

anybody here seen 'in the loop' ? its rated quite high on rotten tomatoes and i was curious about it.

theres a thread on it somewhere. loved it. go see it and get some scotish/british comedy in your life.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

anyone seen thirst yet? its new film from the oldboy guy right?

inglorious basterds seems to be getting reviews which match my expectations based on the trailer. shall skip.

one of the best reviews i read for it was like

"Tarantino has been saying for years as he goes around touting Inglorious that its 'not your daddy's WWII flick'

but unfortunately folks it very much is. "

Guest Mirezzi

hmmm.....i wonder why ppl download torrents ... not sure

Exactly. Believe it or not, The Hurt Locker is too obscure to play in my town.

Mr show - complete series just finished. 9/10. love that shit. It was the first time I had seen more than just clips. This was over the past 1.5 weeks methinks.

Say hello to PITPAT! The non-threatening, pan-sexual, play thing! . . . . . . "Take it from me... I LOVE YOU!"

i love those those fake commercials they play during the pit pat sketch

Mr. Show is fucking excellent. I just bought the monty python 16 ton megaset and it's pretty unfortunate that mr show is probably the only sketch show to get to Python levels.

i love those those fake commercials they play during the pit pat sketch

Mr. Show is fucking excellent. I just bought the monty python 16 ton megaset and it's pretty unfortunate that mr show is probably the only sketch show to get to Python levels.

it's the python-esque skit intertwining that gives it an extra boost. The skit transitions are often quite creative. Gotta love those guys. You can definitely see some Bob O in both of the AS Tim & Eric projects.

David Cross is also an EXCELLENT singer. Seriously. And Bob Odenkirk is possibly the worst singer evar. Juss sayin. But seriously DC is a really good singer. I had to smile every time he had a solo number...

yeah David Cross is a really good singer / even besides the transitions between sketches things like the Microphone Crooner sketch seem like something out of an lsd induced mind of Terry Jones and Michael Palin

hmmm.....i wonder why ppl download torrents ... not sure

Exactly. Believe it or not, The Hurt Locker is too obscure to play in my town.

It's playing in my town but in a really small theatre with bad sound, i almost think that watching it at home on my surround sound on dvd would be more engrossing

Archived